people prescribed Klonopin or Clonazapam.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been on klonopin for. 4 years so naturally I've built a tolerence. 3 year ago when 1mg did the trick to cure anxiety or a severe panic attack I now need 3mg to acheive the same releif. And some really horrible days where I have taken up to 6-7mg over a 10 hour period because I just couldn't calm down. Is it easy to overdose on this drug. I've hear people say yes and no and I know epileptic patience prescribed can be prescribed 20mg in a day. When I have those bad days and take the 7mg through out(not all at once) I never get dizzy or have the "drugged up feeling". It just calm me down and if anything I experience a little drowsiness as if I took a benadryl. Any comment or opinion on this matter would be much appreciated.

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I could say thanks for the advice i think im gonna look into it. This things are crazy bad
    • Posted

Yea I saw your comment about an ongoing 2 hour attack. I've had some that are really bad for that long but even after the clonazapam I'm really calmed down but on those extremely bad ones the anxiety stays with me all day. Its horrible and crippling. Definitely look into it. No other benzos like zanax or ssri's have worked forand I've been through a lot of them since I've I was diagnosed and I was diagnosed 20 years ago. But when I tried clonazapam it was my miracle drug. But certain drugs work for others and some not. and that all has to do with the individual's brain chemistry. But also look up things behavorial stuff such as belly breathing to help calm down. I find you really need to both the behavorial stuff and the medication side of things to really tackle this problem. I hope to one day stop all medications and only be using behavioral practices to keep my anxiety and check. I hope any of this advice has helped and don't hesitate to ask me anything if you have any questions. I've dealt with this for a very long time so I can add a good amount of insight into this illness that we all suffer from.
    • Posted

Also I would like to point out that there are some amazing apps. I have a Android but I'm sure most of these apps are on the iPhone as well. there is one called Calm and another one called Relax M are designed to help calm you down and I find them very useful at times. so I suggest looking those up at your earliest convenience because you might find some relief with those. I think it's pretty awesome that there are apps out there to help someone calm down if they suffer from anxiety or panic attacks.
    • Posted

I will try colnzpm, it wont take more than one for me im sure. Just posted couple live updates to jessicas thread
    • Posted

Yea you probably will only be prescribed 1mg at first. I wish just 1mg worked like it did 3 years ago. And now my doctors are starting to talk about taking me off of it because they think.I'm trying to abuse it recreationally which is insane. If I didn't need to take this stuff I wouldn't so the fear of them taking me off sucks and induces anxiety. Crazy!
    • Posted

Go for it. Take the 3 month detox adjustment without it. Then whennyoure over it, The attacks may go away for a couple years like mine did. Then if they start up again start backnup at 1mg.Good to clean body once a year for 3 months anyway.
    • Posted

Yea for sure. I would have to taper off since I'm on such a high dosage and severe side effects are possible for people who have had this prescribed for multiple years on a high dosage but I definitely agree with the detox thing I do that a lot in other ways. the only thing is right now my anxiety and severe panic attacks are so extreme I can't get through a normal work day without it I feel if I was stop taking the medication I would be severely crippled by panic attacks and anxiety. But my main goal is to work on the behavioral side of things as well so that one day I can taper off the medication and stop all medications and through behavioral modifications I can avoid ever going back on them but I've read and between my doctor this might be a thing that I deal with for the rest of my life and that I might only need to be on a very small dose of the clonazepam as long as I'm still doing behavioral stuff. That's my main goal. I most definitely don't want to stay on these medications for a long period of time so I'm working really hard but as we all know it's a little easier said than done. I'm also on Lexapro, an SSRI and its not working at all and they never have for but I've only been on the med for 5 weeks so.I'm gonna hold on for 2 more months since ssri's take weeks to work where benzos are immediate relief. and the side effects of the lexapro are not very pleasant which leads to more anxiety and I think is very counterproductive to what I'm trying to achieve so I'll most likely be stopping the lexapro here soon unless in the next two months I do see some improvement but right now the only relief I get is from the and the clonazepam gives me no side effects whatsoever where xanax gave me extreme short term memory loss and never really helped calm down the panic anywhere near as well as the clonazepam has
    • Posted

Yep lexapro was horrible. I quit that cold turkey 5 yrs ago that was rhe last "anxiety" drug i took. I still had attacks on those things, all the others too.
    • Posted

yep same here I've been on possibly eight different SSRIs over the last 20 years and none have worked. I've heard them working for some people and working really well but for me they just never did anything there might have been a slight improvement but nothing to the relief that I needed

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.