People's views please

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi has any one ever heard or known of what I'm going to describe happen before

Is it possible to be told all your life that there is nothing wrong with the way you look or act by family and professionals

But wen I look in the mirror I see a dysficornment

Could professionals lie to people and not tell them what is wrong with them to protect the person or can this not happen ????

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

did you mean disfigurement georgia? If so you may have a body image anxiety or have I got the wrong idea?
    • Posted

so how do you feel when you look in the mirror at yourself?  Do you have a chip on your shoulder about your appearance? Or can you manage to go out and do things normally without any worries?
    • Posted

It effects me going out but I do but think everyone is aware of my face but don't say anything to me like a cover up from doctors family and people can this happen ??
    • Posted

well I think you are very brave. Keep doing what you are doing and gain some self confidence by going out with friends.  
  • Posted

No, they would not lie lf you were indeed disfigured. It is a serious psycholocical problem called body dysmorphic disorder, there is therapy avalible. You should ask to be reffered by your GP.

• Posted

I have to agree with pistal666, that I do not believe it is possible that the professionals could conspire with family, friends and everyone to conceal that you are disfigured, so I think the problem is with your perception of yourself. But I do think the professionals should have picked up the fact that you have psychological problems which need treatment.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.