People struggling on citalopram

Posted , 3 users are following.

hello just wanted to do a quick post, for months id been looking for answers on to why i didint feel anything on citalopram, i felt 0 emotion, my personality changed and felt very alienated. my doctor gave me advice and put me up to 30 mg which only blunted me more! i was hoping one day id wake up and feel like everyone else on this drug thats what kept me on it for months through the bad headaches not feeling happy or sad, i felt nothing and it got to the point where i was gambling money i couldnt afford to get a high again. so i decided to come off them and try, 4 weeks now i cut down from 30 to 20 to 15 now on 10 which i know isint advised but the only side affect ive got is weird dreams but nothing much, but the main thing is i feel HUMAN AGAIN! i feel i smell i can do everything again!!! if anyone feels like this (and i know this isint the best option for everyone) but if you feel like you have no emotion no motivation it could possibly be the drug and dont be scared to come off them!

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

what was the reason your doctor prescribed celexa?

• Posted

my dad had a heart attack out of no where, i lost my job around a similar time the stress led to panic attacks which were unbairable it done its job i suppose, but when it comes to the stage when you have no feelings towards your family or anything in my case was horrible!

• Posted

in my case it was 20 mg but 30 it got really bad, dont get me wrong this wasn't ment to scare people from taking them probablys happens in 1 in 30

• Posted

i was just saying because on the twenty milligrams dose i was a mess .on the ten dose iam completely recovered.and still on ten..

• Posted

then you may be the same as me, 20 upwards i lost myself 10 was enough to keep the anxiety at bay and feel human. your doctor will probably advise you to go up to get the (therputic dose) which is something to think about

• Posted

iam completely recovered and very happy.i have been on 10 for over two years.my phychiatrist says any dose is the therapeutic dose.but she prefers to prescribe lower doses .

• Posted

I Find the cits exactly the same, once i halved my dose, I started feeling alive again & not just a functioning robot, that didnt care about anything & had no desire! Each to their own though, some people are probablly fine with it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.