People suffering with Mirt WD

Posted , 3 users are following.

people who are having a hard time going down off the mirt, please think about this advise. I had heard and read to many very bad medical  things that have happened to people who a) have a hard time in decline from mirt b) suffer when going to lower levels of mirt and have symptoms of nausea or any unrelated symptoms of the orignal reason you went on mirt.

if you have any pain or symptoms during the decline off mirt please consider staying on the mirt.

im saying this because to many people are doing a full WD only to be hit with odd physical problems. Auto immune diseases and many aliments that baffle the doctors. Stay put on the lowest dose. Some people do not have any trouble going off mirt. This post is not for you! . We don't know how many people are affected by mirt WD because the pharm company does not take numbers. That's why I wanted a facebook page ( not available for site to friends ) because we could finally put some numbers together as to how many people actually have mirt WD. It's been rough because it's not so easy to find everyone on facebook. Any ideas are welcome. Let's get some numbers together and maybe together we can fight this nasty drug. Although it does well for some and maybe most? For others it's devastating our lives. 

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Rose,it's great to see you back,well I hope.  I'm still struggling to get off Mirt,I'm down to 12.5mg but I've been stuck there for about 2mths.

In my case it's IBS so the lower I get down the more pain I'm in and like you say GPs haven't got a clue.

anyway how do we get on this facebook thingy you've got.?  Do you remember Emanuel doing one but he's now disappeared.

anyway it's great to have you back I miss our little chats,and on the plus side your one of the great success stories of WD from Mirt.

• Posted

Hi Norma glad to heAr from u again too

Near with typos on my phone.

How are you???

I hope you are doing well much love to you ! I'm so gla I r still hanging with the group

❤️💚💜💙💛

• Posted

I know your IBS is horrible hang in there!! 💞💖💕💓
  • Posted

Rose, I just wish that I had seen this site before wd symptoms sent me looking. This has been the worse thing that I have ever been through. During my years in the fire department, three firefighters were killed in the line of duty, I was there on each time. My first child, a daughter named Lisa, died when she was a baby. I have had two younger brothers die. I was able to deal with those tragedies better than this. Thank you for what you are doing. David
    • Posted

Im almost sixty and although you have seen more combat than I have and BTW so sorry for all of your loses especially your daughter who was your heart.

i have had my fair share of bad times but nothing compares to the every day agony of mirt WD.in a physical sense  Right at the end, or what I thought was the end. I developed more anxiety and kidney stones. I didn't know why. Soon I was at the emergancy and they treated and released me. The next day I was back with unbreakable pain, they did blood tests and found my calcium levels were to high, like very high and so they admitted me and put me on medication to lower it. It's called hyperparathyroid and it's very rare. No doctors want to hear about mirt, they found that insane im sure you have gotten a raised eye brow or two talking about mirt WD right. So I just shut up and let me treat me for my new illness. The mirt WD broke my threshold for what my body could manage and down it went. A month later surgery to removed the para gland, one of four. Then into recovery which honest im not all that recovered. I am back to three hours of work and it's lite work with caring for my grandkids. I lost a job I loved and I have a stack of medical bills. Im stuck functioning on a low level and it's rough but im alive !!! Maybe a good reason all this happened but can't come up with one so. I'll wait and see. I have met beautiful people here on the forum. AMericans don't use as much remeron as they do in the UK, from what I understand. I guess that's why we are here and they aren't on an American  site. Paxil seems to be the drug people have such a hard time with here and yet I went off paxil cold turkey and it was bad, it took six weeks but compared to mirt it was like a smoke bomb compared to nuke warfare. To me I never sought medicinal attention for paxil WD. Nor did I have any future problems with it. Mirt...now that's a whole big elephant, one bite at a time I guess. Feel better soon ❤️

• Posted

Rose, you have quite a medical history, and every right to have an opinion based on experience. I extend my humble sorrow for your misfortunes. I think you're right about the Remeron. I had never heard of it until my mother got in a bad way about 15? years ago, and the doctor put her on it. She got better afterward, and is still on 30's. She tried backing down to 15, but it didn't work out so she is back on 30's, probably for life. I hate what it has done to me, and all the others who have been, are in, and will be in torment because of that chemical placing it's claws into our brains. Thanks for all the posts on this site, as your words are valid and have earned respect. With Respect, David
    • Posted

Thank you David. My mom is on it too for life at age 87. Im glad she will never go off. Im grateful for this site. It gave me hope and still gives me the willingness to continue to fight...mirt will never beat me! I won't let it.
    • Posted

I sent a message to the FB page. If there is anything that can be done about that drug, it may take a while, but how many drugs have you seen lawyers advertising on TV for class action suits that have been filed for this or that? In a lot of cases you only have to send evidence that you have been on the drug to be added to the suit for payment. I am speeking for what I have seen in the US. I don't have a clue as to how the UK legal system works. Take Care, David
    • Posted

Hi David and how's your day today.

Im glad you found Rose now there's a lady that you'll find helpful.

Ive just come back from my GPs asking him for help WD from Mirt was like trying to win the lottery,he hasn't got a clue.

Still Im going to take the plunge and start WD down to 7.5 slowly I'll soon see what happens.   You just stay with it you've got to far to go back.

Take care Love to you and your wife.

• Posted

Thanks Norma. I still feel awful, and although it is now going on 10 weeks, I really don't feel like I have made any progress. My wife says that I have, she says that she can see it, but I just feel so sick and weak. The abdominal cramps seem to rob my energy. Good luck, and love to you as well. David
    • Posted

Hi,David the abdominal pain is the worst for me.    I've been and seen theGP today and all he could say to me was you should just stick with the MG that suits you best,when I said but I want to come off it ,he said if your pain gets worse then it's helping the IBS,I said my IBS wasn't this bad before I took Mirt,he said it must have been ,so I give up and stomped out.

im thinking now as I write this at 1-00 in the morning (another night up) whether to go back to 15 mg to see if the pain eases.my somack feels like it's got a bulldozer in there.

You talking about bowel habits yesterday,I was thinking and yes I go more as I've been WD,plus the more I go the worse the pain becomes,I go after every meal.  

Maybe your stronger than me but I'm not even down to 7.5yet and the pain is getting me down ,and yes it does drain your strength. Take care.

Tomorrow I'm going to look into what Rose has put on for us to google.

• Posted

Norma, my problem, since wd, is not being able to go. I spoke with the customer service person at Merck today, and politely gave them and ear full about Remeron, doctors, and their lack of warning patients. I don't know if it did any good though. I hope that you get better, and if going back to the 15 helps your pain, then sweetheart be kind to yourself. By the way, I hope that your husband is doing OK. Take Care, David
    • Posted

Morning David,I also found Merck in the UK,I googled like Rose told us to.

But I've very politely ask for there help in WD.so I'll see what I get back,if I don't get a good enough reply,then like you they will have a piece of my mind.  (The Mirt mind the temper WD side)

As for my hubby he's picking up a bit now,but I don't know if I already told you from the biopsy he got Septseimia and the GP said he's lucky to be alive and it can take up to two months to get out of his system.

So neither of us are much good at the moment,and thank you for remembering him considering what your going through.

You take care and I'll let you know if Merck get back to me.

• Posted

Good morning Norma!!

❤️💛❤️💛💚💙💚💙💛💙💚💙💙💚💙💚💛💚

• Posted

Good morning Rose,It's just 11-15am here,so your good morning was some time ago.   Its great to have you back,and no none of the old crowd are on here anymore so I guess there Mirt free.

i did speak to I think her name was Fluffymare ,I think,you see I talk to two people with similar names and I keep sending them each other's posts it's got to be a bit of a laugh.lol.  Anyway she popped up a few weeks ago.

But David I spoke with I think about last August, and the resonn I picked him up was because he suffers IBS and you don't here of many people on Mirt withIBS.  But he then went quiet for a while,but he's returned since he went cold turkey off 7.5. and he seems to be going through hell.

But I'm finding the lower I come down the worse the pain is so Im stuck at 12.5because I couldn't take any more pain.

im due to see my GP at 12-00 so we'll see what he suggest I don't hold out much hope.

Ohhhh it's great to have you back,even if you are the other side of the world. You were a great inspiration to me.  Keep in touch Rose I think you could be a counsellor on here.lol. Love You 💜❤️💙

• Posted

Rose will you tell me how I get you on this facebook page.I haven't got a clue.😀

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.