People with severe anxiety how do you get at work?

Posted , 6 users are following.

How do you manage to work? Of course we need money to survive but sadly I've been out of work because of my anxiety

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Get by at work* typo
  • Posted

hi jen i have had severe anxiety for years once you learn to manage the anxiety and dont fear the symptoms which makes anxiety so powerful you can start to enjoy life again and start to think about working i work now dont get me wrong i still get bad days and anxiety trys to kick my butt but like i said once you and anxiety call a truce and dont fear the symptoms you will get better but it takes time to learn these skills 

• Posted

Set the alarm.a bit early. Lie in bed take anti anxiety med wait a bit and force myself out of bed out of the house and to work. I don't have the option of not working so I have to force myself. Some days are worse than others, I cry the whole way there but I have no choice. Remember, no matter how hard it is its not going to kill you xx
  • Posted

I just recently left my job of almost 5 1/2 years due to my anxiety rolleyes I had to start working for my father in laws company because I can work from my in laws home office
  • Posted

This is a good one) I use to be the same) couldn't work leave the house) it was well bad. I didn't wanna use meds. At the time in my head I thought I would never get past it! It was bad) my advice ride the waves, if need be I on the sick have so time out. If you push yourself you will just keep having panic attack good look
  • Posted

This is a difficult one. Yes of course we all need money.

If you're out of work due to a medical condition, you're entitled to state benefits - but maybe you already know that?

Have you seen your doctor for help with the anxiety? Have you tried counselling/therapy?

I was wondering how long it's been since you've been out of work, also were you bullied by someone there? And how long have you been suffering with anxiety?

I realise that I've given you more questions than answers, but in order to help you, I, for one, need that information. What kind of work were you doing?

If you would like to PM me rather than putting all this on the fforum, please do - but it would help if other people knew exactly what's been happening, so post it on the forum, unless you'd rather PM me. Love Tess

• Posted

Unfortunately being a kiwi living I Australia I'm not entitled to benefits which is fair enough so I don't have an option and I don't have well off parents, am single have to eat and put a roof over my head. So in my case I have to suck it up

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.