Peoples positive experiences with Venlafaxine

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

first of all please excuse the lack of capital letters. doing this on my phone means i have to stop and start at every capital letter.

anyway i was wondering if anyone had any positive experiences on Venlafaxine and at what dose? how long did it take to feel the full benefits at the too dose.

i do appreciate that everyone is different and i wont neccessarily have the sake experience however when i look meds up online i just see the horror stories.

i was on Citalopram for 20 years up until May then they tried me on Sertraline which didnt agree with me at all and now i am slowly going up on venlafaxine.

i am so scared that my anxiety and OCD will never be controlled.

should i be giving it mote time (not on my top dose yet) before i give up on it?

i have had anxiety and ocd for my while life however a situation triggered it 2 years ago and it is awful to live with.

please no horror stories.

i thank you for your input.

regards

Tammy

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tammy,I take it the med you were on for so long was a benzo, I am on alprasolam for 10 yrs,well my doc retired,so I Am Pretty Much being forced to taper off a med that worked for me,don't know if that was your situation. Anyway the drug you asked about is that a generic for a better known med? I currently don't know what I will do,take a antidepressants or just taper off with just a small amt. on hand for an anxiety attacks. I'm in the states so where I live CBD oil is legal also considering taking that as it is supposed to be good for anxiety.

• Posted

mines was an antidepressant.

i have been given benzos however they make me too tired. i only take them at night.

ive had different CBD in different quantities however tbh it doesnt seem to do much.

citalopram is also known as celexa

• Posted

Hi.hope you will get better soon.I pray for it.you was mentioned was iƱ citalopram for 20 years.

did it anwer to you?

any bad side effects?

• Posted

no i had no bad side effects from citalopram i dont recall.

thank you

• Posted

thank you very much

I was in citalopram nearly one year

Im worried i might depend on it forever.

will this anxiety go away?

• Posted

i think it can be controlled as mine has been on and off for years. its only been the past 2 years that its surfaced again but for longer this time.

i think if it helps you then why worry about coming off it if it keeps you stable?

• Posted

Thank you very much for your reply!I too hope it will help and can come out of it.I started 20mg last 10months i was ok again anxiety signs kick out for me now im in 30mg . doc tor said to continue for another 3 months .

I pray whoever suffering with this ,should come out out of it soon

• Posted

Hi Tammy , how do you feel ? Did you get your D levels checked yet ? Continuing prayers !

• Posted

havent had the levels checked yet.

taking vitamin D3 just now anyway but i know i may need more.

i feel scared, jittery and on edge amongst other stuff.,

thank you for your prayers.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.