Per mirror, my vulvar LS is spreading.

Posted , 10 users are following.

Looks silvery/white. Inner labia on the left side and over the clitoris. Same as last viewing (a month ago) but longer. Drat.

I thought I was getting better as I don't have the buzzing feeling anymore and I never had the itching.

I did Clob for 3 weeks every day, then I switched to olive oil for a few weeks, which didn't seem to have done much, went back on the Clob 3 x a week 2 weeks ago.

I don't wear undies anymore but I do wear fairly loose pants and even with them, that darn inner crotch seam is painful when I'm sitting down.

My next appointment at the urogyne is 7/5 I'd really like to reverse this situation before then as she wants to do a biopsy and I just don't want one - esp at my age of 75.

Can't we just monitor it, and assume its LS and try to control it??

Thanks for any advice.

0 likes, 69 replies

69 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi, I had my biopsy done and the gyn was stupid and sloppy, and hurt my like hell, any way I used aloe with turmeric oil that Nancy here in this site uses, it help me heal and then i found another site that ladies uses Borax .. i started doing the borax soaks dailey and that has gotten my LS settled down, i use clob ointment twice a week or once very little and i use emuaid for moisturerizer , i found a very good gyno and i will see in july , and i also spray everytime i go to the potty wiht water and borax ..so maybe you should soak in 1/4 cup of borax in a tub, or in a stiz bath you use 1 to two teaspoons of borax . for 20 min. some ladies said they have unfused but I havent yet...

• Posted

Sorry you had such a bad experience with your biopsy - at least its over with!

I'm kind of leary about Borax.....I've heard good things about it, for sure.

'Glad you found that good gyno - I'm going back in July, too. Hope I get a good report although I have my doubts as my post indicated.

I've just begun spraying whenever I feel dry down there and after I pee. I have two little spray bottles, for home and one for my purse.

• Posted

Hi, I had my biopsy done and the gyn was stupid and sloppy, and hurt my like hell, any way I used aloe with turmeric oil that Nancy here in this site uses, it help me heal and then i found another site that ladies uses Borax .. i started doing the borax soaks dailey and that has gotten my LS settled down, i use clob ointment twice a week or once very little and i use emuaid for moisturerizer , i found a very good gyno and i will see in july , and i also spray everytime i go to the potty wiht water and borax ..so maybe you should soak in 1/4 cup of borax in a tub, or in a stiz bath you use 1 to two teaspoons of borax . for 20 min. some ladies said they have unfused but I havent yet...

• Posted

What's AV ladies

• Posted

Vaginal atrophy, basically, means lack of estrogen which results in dry urogenital tissue which causes burning, extreme dryness, irritation and, often, urinary urgency.

• Posted

ro, I didn't know about it being an issue.

If you google you'll see that : Progesterone has been used in hormone replacement therapy to treat menopausal symptoms, but it is typically thought of as an add-on to estrogen therapy to help protect the uterus from abnormal thickening.

However I think that applies to ORAL HRT or shots, maybe patches (not topically applied to the vulva) . In non-topical cases it is more apt to get into your bloodstream. Have you discussed with your doctor WHY he recommended it, the pros and the cons? Are their cases of women using estrogen cream topically in particular who HAVE gotten cancer? Or is he just being proactive? Doctors have stressed to me that the topical application is safe. I'd sure like to know if there are numbers proving otherwise.

I will PM you a link (as it would be blocked otherwise) on the topic.. Would like others to have access to it, but I'm tired of blocked posts.

• Posted

Well, if it's any contribution to this, the doctors at the Vulva Clinic had no problem with the estrogen applied topically. I was hesitant and they quickly put my mind at ease. They said that the amount of estrogen that gets into your system from applying topically is so minute they don't worry about it at all, and that includes the insertion of it with the applicator. Now, taking the estrogen in pill form that's entirely another matter.

• Posted

My drs also told me topical estrogen (premarin) is safe if used for a short time. It did not help me and I have tried many other things: aloe, A&D, coconut oil, emuaid, aquaphor, cetaphil....I think the clobetasol thins the skin and we would be better off having the white patches without the pain as long as it doesnot turn into cancer. Have also read that taking extra Vitamin D helps

• Posted

The amount of estrogen premarin that I use is minimal. On the applicator it's at the 0.05% line. You don't need that much and it does make a difference, well for me it does. We're all different with different needs. The doctor has allowed me to apply some topically a couple of days a week and again I apply just enough to just coat, a very small amount from the tube. As to the Clob, I had read that it's not the Clob that thins the skin but the LS that does that, and probably age will do that as well. At 78, my skin everywhere is thinning out. Again, I've been using less than a pea size amount for 3 years and have had no problem. I've also applied coconut oil which works for me but have settled with EMU oil which works also. I usually apply that when I'm going out shopping for instance and there will be a lot of walking and rubbing against my all white cotton panties. I find coconut oil is thinner and dissipates a lot, but that's me.

One interesting thing that happened to me is that I had stopped drinking my 1% dairy milk and switched to Almond/Coconut milk quite a while ago on the advice of my sister who studied to be a nurse, because apparently dairy is not that good for adults. So, the other day, I bought a small carton of my 1% dairy milk that I missed so much just to try it, and got a flare-up for the first time in 3 years. Never, never, will I do that again. It is not good for you. Oddly enough, I can have a glass of wine with no repercussions.

• Posted

Interesting post Micheline. Almond milk contains crushed rock or shell which gives it the calcium. However, that form of calcium is not absorbed by the body and can end up in the arteries. I do not drink milk either except a few drops in coffee. Yes, there's lots of evidence that adults should not drink milk. The coconut or emu oil did not help my pain. Also went to a naturopath but neither did that help.

Thank you for responding.

• Posted

I drink rice milk.

Its pretty watery but its cold and wet and white and it tastes ok on my organic cereal.!

• Posted

Calcium is best absorbed through food, particularly dark leafy greens which contain a lot of it. Drn says almond milk has unabsorbable calcium. Maybe the same in rice milk? Don't know; I never heard that before. I have read about gums in nut milk to thicken it. Rice milk does taste rather sweet to me so I prefer unsweetened coconut or almond. I'm lactose intolerant so switch around from one faux milk to another just for variety. I take a calcium/magnesium supplement but have little faith much if any supplements get absorbed.

As a young kid I practically lived off milk. Food was not my thing. That has certainly changed now. Just wish someone else were cooking it!

• Posted

Check out the ingredients on the label of Blue Diamond Almond Milk: calcium triphosphate or calcium carbonate from chalk or egg shells. Body does not know what to do with that. Some will say it's ok but it is a manufactured chemical.

• Posted

Hi Berverly,

Thanks for your response. I had read quite a while ago in an article written by a doctor that Calcium Carbonate is not readily absorbed in older bodies and can end up in the arteries and she recommended taking Calcium Citrate instead which is what I take. Now further studies have shown that women are taking far too many calcium supplements, so I've cut mine down to 1 capsule of 300 mg along with K2 +D3 which has to be at least 1000IU Vitamin D. The Vitamin D helps to absorb it and the K2 directs it where to go to the bones.

I had never heard either what DrN said about the Almond milk. So I just looked it up online. I found that what they add to Almond milk is called Tricalcium phosphates and some can come from phosphate rocks but most of the time they're made from ground animal bones. These are readily absorbed in the body but for us older people we tend to take too much. They're also found in supplements. Smaller amounts are better absorbed apparently (500 mg or less). So, I'm right to take 300 mg. You are absolutely right that the best comes from foods and that's what I increased making salads often to go with my meals and adding other foods rich in calcium.

Rice milk to my surprise is nearly as high in calcium as cow's milk, but the problem is that it is high in sugar.

• Posted

micheline, You got me to check what I'm actually taking: 500 mg of calcium in 5 forms (to my surprise) including citrate, along with 250 mg of magnesium in various forms and 250 mg of phosphate (all in one pill). I also take 1000 IU's of vit D3 and 400 IU's of Vit E. Am not taking any K, but already take so many other supplements I can't imagine taking any more. For whatever reasons I did add tumeric last week. Have run out of boron and will get more based on the borax connection.

Am seeing an MD on Friday who focuses on diet, etc and hope he will give me a list based on medical knowledge so I don't have to keep trying to figure out what makes the most sense. It may be based upon blood results, not sure. If it seems to be generalized I will post the info.

Re "milks" oat seems to be the latest pricey choice. The drink most important for me is kefir for the probiotic content.

• Posted

Yes I also take 150 mg of Magnesium Citrate, my K2 is combined with the D3 in one bottle. I use tumeric as a seasoning and put it in practically everything I cook. I figure less pills the better. I also take B12. Also have a glass of orange juice every morning with breakfast. So I guess we can say we are well stocked (lol). I had started doing Borax treatments at first and also baking soda but I stopped on the advice of my doctor, and also I'm not convinced about it. To me it is for laundry and makes clothes whiter so acts as a bleach and not sure if I want to use that on my sensitive vulva not that I think the Clob is great but it did work.

• Posted

michel, Boron is a harmless supplement; helps with bone formation. As I'm always flirting with osteopenia anything that helps bones is OK with me. Clearly people have made a connection with LS and boron. I have no idea why it would soothe, but I'd rather take it as an inexpensive supplement.

I've run out of B complex, but the kyolic garlic lists several vitamins including B. I've been on a regimen for several months and have noticed no difference. This is why I had stopped taking any supplements a year ago. For every article that recommends them there are two that say if you are eating well, don't waste your money.

If studies were to prove LS indicates insufficient levels of a certain mineral or vitamin it would be a far more compelling reason to take them.

• Posted

I take fish oil, tumeric, kyodophilus (sp?) lutein, milk thistle, evening primrose oil, Chia seed oil, magnesium and CO Q10 on a daily basis. My traditional Chinese Medicine MD advised me to load up on oils to offset the dryness from the atrophy..

I have my doubts about these supplements (are they working?) but on the other paw, they may just be keeping me going so I keep taking them.

• Posted

That's the problem with taking supplements. Who can tell if they are having any effect? If we all pitched in our supplement funds towards a research project maybe we'd get somewhere!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.