Perennial hernia

Posted , 3 users are following.

Perennial hernia. Result of previous major surgery

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi,coping strategies for pain in vagina and bottom due to perennial hernia?
    • Posted

Could you please tell me what a perennial hernia is and what type of surgery you had? I have honestly never heard of a perennial hernia?

Lynn

• Posted

It's very rare unfortunately and is the direct result of a rare benign inoperable  tumour I have in my pelvis. The hernia is between my bum and vagina. Surgery would involve possible colostomy and maybe urostomy so I am holding out but living with bAd pain. I work part time in a sitting down job which dosnt help. I am on pregablin and amitryptillin. At the moment I feel incredibly isolated 
    • Posted

Oh, that sounds so awful for you Nirithes. Have you ever thought of trying something gentle like yoga, or pelvic floor exercises some that are very gentle to help ease the pain. I know it may sound painful for someone who has pain to start doing some stretching and exercises. But you wouldn't believe how yoga and other moves help ease the pain and create better circulation in your body that goes right to the where the pain is and can help ease pain. For instance, when my husbands complains about his really sore arthritic knees, I say right away. Lets go for our 1 to 2 mile walk. Sure enough after the walk his painful knees feel much better. I am going to see what I can find on your condition and see if there are any others with the same condition who may have some tips for you. We don't want you to feel isolated and I am glad to came to this forum. There are of very nice ladies on this forum and they all have big hearts and do reach out with their comments to try to help. Talk to you soon Nirithes and blessings to you today, you are not alone.

Lynn

• Posted

Hello Nirithes

I was right about yoga and it is helpful for pain before or after a perennial hernia opertation. Just go to google and write in the words"Can I do yoga after a perennial hernia operation" It will bring you to a good web site that has a free video for you to watch on yoga to help with pain. It tells people how they should do yoga before having the perennial hernia operation, but it also says you can do it after as well. I hope that helps you a little to get you on the right road to help alliviate some of that pain you are going through.

Blessings to you

Lynn

• Posted

Your message is lovely thank you and yes I will try yoga, 

you know I had breast cancer two yrs ago and to have this now is a real blow. 

• Posted

I am so sorry to hear that Nirithes. My mother had breast cancer too, but hers did not travel into the lymph nodes so after radiation she has been cancer free for over 20 years. I hope you are going to stay cancer free as well. Come on here anytime to the forum to chat and talk about whatever it is that bothers you. It is a good place to be and to help each other along the way. I have had my own health issues over the years one being open brain surgery to save my life. I think we all have mountains to climb and we will get there. We can always have a kind word for each other or a positive tip. Talk to you soon and let me know how the yoga goes. Just take it slow and do not strain yourself. Also I would suggest you start walking if you do not walk. Walking at least 30 minutes a day does wonder for your spirit and your body. Its one of the best medicines in the world. I have been walking with my husband for over 20 years we walk daily. Your body gets an entire work out without any straining at all.

Blessings to you

Lynn

• Posted

Thank you and really sorry you have your own health issues.

regarding walking I have a beautiful little dog so I get plenty of exercise. I don't have children but Poppy is like a child. Very demanding,sweet and very funny.

I'm so pleased I have found someone to talk to. I hate burdening my husband

• Posted

So sorry you're having these problems. My mother also had breast cancer and it had spread to some of her lymph nodes. She did not have radiation or regular chemo but took some type of chemo pill. That has been over 30 years ago and she is still cancer free. She has been truly blessed and I pray you will be also. 

I also understand the burdening the husband comment....some husbands aren't so good with things like this and don't want details smile

Healing and blessings to you! 

Trish

• Posted

My health issues are not too bad at this point. I have a prolapse bladder that I am living with no surgery and keeping it that way. My brain surgery was several years ago, but I do have balance problems or numbing or pressure if I get upset, but thats okay, can handle that when I do my breathing and relaxing exercises. My husband is a good support as far as walking goes and he loves to walk too. We don't dwell to much on our health issues, but try to focus on what is going right instead of what is going wrong sometimes. Keeping busy is a key to good health. Find something to get your mind off yourself and that works well. For instance, some people paint, do puzzles, walk, whatever it takes to get away from yourself helps a lot. Glad your mother is well and I am glad that so far no signs of breast cancer for her. I have never had any problems with breast cancer, thank God so far. I don't take HRT because of my mother and instead break open Vitimin E and spread the liquid all around inner parts and it does a beautiful job for those suffering menopause to clear up the dryness and chafing. I also use in on my prolapse bladder. That helps a lot. Nice to talk to you too and all the ladies that we meet on this forum.

Blessings to you

Lynn

• Posted

Sorry Trish, I got mixed up and thought it was Nirithis mother who had breast cancer and thought I was answering her. I was answering that and thought it was her mother. Oh well, doesn't matter as long as we all read the comments and try to help each other.

Lynn

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.