Perforated Appendicitis

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, I am 22 year old guy. I started having pain in my stomach and had black vomit on December 10, 2016. Doctor said I have stomach ulcer so I was having medication for stomach ulcer. After 5 days I started having lot of pain in my lower right of my stomach. I had sonography and x-ray and I was admitted to the hospital on December 17. I had CT Scan next day which revealed that I had perforated appenappendicitis. So I had open surgery in the traditional way. Doctor said I was lucky that my puss didn't spread in my intestine and they were able to remove all the puss and my appendix was in bits and pieces so they it got removed along with puss. They had attached pipe for two days to remove if any puss was there still and on the fifth day they removed the stitches on my stomach because there was hole in my intestine and it was leaking.Also, I was put on anti biotics for 2 weeks. I was discharged on the 15th day with the bag attached to my stomach to collect the leak from the hole in intestine.Its been 4 weeks now and my leak has reduced a lot, it's like 2 or 3 spoons unlike before.But healing seems to be very slow and I am bit worried. Can someone please share if they had same experience or not.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Dhavalc017, I spent about 40 minutes typing out loads of advice, but I must have deleted it by mistake. So I'll condense what I was trying to say. First, be very patient with yourself and the healing process. Eat lots of healthy fruits and veg; must prevent constipation and drink lots of water, warm water is excellent. Rest often, and don't do too much bending and twisting or lifting, also pushing and pulling. Follow doctor's advice about when you can drive. And restrict sugar as it's not conducive to healing. Good luck with it all and lastly, stay positive. Get back to exercise, when the doctors say it's okay. When both outside wound and obviously inside wounds are both healed, swimming is a great 'all round' exercise; front crawl and backstroke, starting gently at first. Bye for now wink

• Posted

Thanks a lot FiFi. It really helps me alot. I was starting to worry about my recovery but your advice gives me quite a relief.
    • Posted

Oh I'm so glad you found my message helpful, Dhavalc017. You will get stronger every day and heal well. Well done for posting on here; sometimes it's all too easy to try to deal with things without reaching out to others...

• Posted

Hi Fifi, I would have replied soon but wanted to wait till my 2nd checkup.It seems like the hole in my intestine is extremely tiny from sonogram but i feel its stopped healing because the flow has become more in past 2 days, I had went to the checkup and doc said not to worry since sometimes while healing it comes out from that hole but m worried again now about it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.