Peri. Fluttery burning throat.

Posted , 10 users are following.

I wondered if anyone has suffered with a fluttery burning and tickling throat. It is very hard to explain. I find it hard to breath deeply when I have it. I'm thinking to do with acid reflux. I have got acid reflux and burning mouth syndrome to. Loads of different symptoms come at once. One day you feel depressed,the next day heartburn,the next day sweats and dizziness etc. This throat thing is strange to explain.

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I'm sorry, I haven't experienced that, but I know what your saying about the daily rubbish. I'm starting to think that Puberty was a cake walk to this life change thing.

Sorry that I can't help with that

• Posted

Michelle, oddly enough, I saw a doctor today who provided me with some info I was not aware of. Estrogen, or the decline of it, may be what is bringing on some of the terrible symptoms we are complaining about. She recomended I read Dr. Elizabeth Lee Vliet's books and it explains so much as to what is going on with us. Im ordering them and having them sent to me now. One of the symptoms that I saw on for low or declining estrogen is burning mouth. Just wanted to pass this on to you and maybe your local library has her books on the shelf and you can read her recommendation. Good luck! I finally feel like I may have hope for fixing me! 
  • Posted

Hi Michelle, I have been under the Ent for 9 months now, I started with a very hot feeling in my throat over a year ago, it gets very uncomfortable and spreads into my nose and ears, he put the camera up my nose and down into my throat, he said it looked inflamed but didn't think it was anything to be worried about, at first he thought I had reflux, but after been on the acid tablets for two months double dose, there was no change, I still had the feeling, he said it was not acid causing it, so felt it could be allergies, I've been to see a second Ent who said if allergies aren't to blame then it's definitely to do with peri, I am having more good days than bad at the moment, but it certainly looks like it's peri related, hope this helps xx
    • Posted

Oh thankyou for your reply. I'm having heartburn a lot in Peri. I'm on omeprazole. I get this burning,cold feeling in my nose and throat when I breath in so makes me breath incorrectly. I hate it 😕
  • Posted

I do have a dry tickle quite a bit and also have the other extreme sometimes when I have to keep clearing my throat and it sounds ? As if mucus is in my throat but no matter how much coughing and throat clearing I do I can't get it to come up.

A week or so later back to dry tickle.

I did have bad acid reflux and took lansoprazol for it for a while. It lessened the amount of times it happened but didn't stop it completely.

I then tried ginger capsules (2) about half hour before meals and ginger tea made by boiling peeled finely sliced fresh ginger in a pint of boiling water for 5 minutes.

I drank this after meals and at any time I had acidy feeling.

Not sure how long maybe 3 months later I stopped using it and now and also whilst using it it's gone.

I may burp and taste food up to half an hour after eating but at one point this would go on all evening and I would still be tasting my evening meal the next morning.

• Posted

I'm having a rough time of it at the moment. Burning mouth, not painful, just burns. Reflux is non stop, feels like I can't breath properly either. Like a bubble stuck in my throat and until I get the air out which feels trapped, it's quite frightening. I am burning constantly. Many different symptoms happening. I take pantoprozole and Gaviscon daily.

I wish I knew if the two were related and what's causing the bad symptoms of reflux all of a sudden.

How are your symptoms now?

• Posted

Hi

My acid reflux is the same. I am eating smaller portions at the moment and eating really slowly . As soon as I have eaten I have gaviscon. Just waiting for symptoms to ease now x

• Posted

Hi Michelle,

Not sure it you're still active on the forum, but wondered how you throat issues went? Did you get a diagnosis? Are you still suffering with it?

I have the exact same symtpoms as you and at my wits end. Hoping for some reassurance guess. 😃

• Edited

hi Michele ! i have been to this site a few years ago when all my perimenopause symptoms started ! this site was very helpful to me ! my symptoms started with burning in my leg ans then all over all body ! and yes sore throat happens as well ! sometimes it is hard to explain especially when you go to see a professional ! i have been through all possible tests and all came up normal ! i am here today because i started my burnings and a sore throat again ans need some reassurance ! but let me tell you something : it gets better ! feel better ans thank you so much for sharing

• Posted

At one point I was literally get numbness in the throat combined with lumpy feeling. It was like I had sucked on an anaesthetic lozenge except I hadnt. Thank god that symptom was short lived and hasnt happened for years

• Posted

At one point I was literally get numbness in the throat combined with lumpy feeling. It was like I had sucked on an anaesthetic lozenge except I hadnt. Thank god that symptom was short lived and hasnt happened for years

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.