Peri issues?!!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Could anyone help? With some advice?. I have been peri now for 8months. My periods with issues have popped up on almost every monthly cycle. This month (since last Saturday) .mi have not felt well at all. Mood swings are and have always been the main issue but now it is like my body is reverting back to my teenage years aching breast, feeling sicketc. Feeling nausea I have felt now for the last week from when I wake till I footbed? Is this a common related issue in peri nausea? If so is there anything you can take to at least take it away? Ie when one is pregnant ginger biscuits were good ? Any advice for me please my god I'm now facing 7 weeks of the school holidays with my 3 children and the way I feel I cannot face it I feel to sick!. I also get quite a bad taste to in my mouth whic can last a few hours?!!.yes I have been to the doctors and told I'm not peri :1-because I'm to young and 2:-because my periods are regular!!. Oh by the way I'm 46? Xx

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi hun

Yes i have nausea in perimenopause.

You are not to young mine started at 40. Im now 48.

I find pepto bismol quite effective along with ginger capsules.

There are 66 symptoms of perimenopause and ive had just about all of them it sucks!!!!

Also felt very unwell on and off like im dying but no its just perimenopause.

Hope you feel better soon the nausea can really get you down I know

Also I developed gerd which can also cause nausea

Take care x

• Posted

Hi Michelle, I started peri menopause at around 43-44, i am now 47 nearly 48. I am now going through menopause. I had really bad symtoms in peri. I had the same symtoms of aching breasts, morning sickness feeling. My peri eventually went to heavy bleeding for weeks, light bleeding and spotting in between. Now i think i am menopause with hot flushes etc, who knows i may be still in peri? I also had complications with a prolapsed uterus which i have recently had a op on. My advice as i know i have suffered for a while. Get a blood test at the doctors they can check your hormones. Saying that they have to do it three times to be accurate but it is a start. You can take herbal things for peri, there is plenty of info on the internet.. Take a multi vitamin. eat well, keep hydrated and i know this may sound weird but i am telling all women to do pelvic floor exercises because if you have lack of hormones etc they can effect your pelvic floor in some women. You do not want to go through any prolapses as i have.  I did not know anything about pelvic floor exercises etc. I do not want to worry you about the pelvic floor but i would of appreciated the advice a good few years ago! Sounds like you have the start of peri and peri can start in women in their thirties in some women. Hope you feel better soon.X
  • Posted

Hi Michelle,

I was peri menopause at 45. It sounds like you are definitely in peri. I had regular periods also, metal taste in my mouth, and nausea. I have had every symptom at different times. Ginger helped the nausea. I always had carried mints. These symptoms will pass. Hang in there.... smile

• Posted

I am 46 going to be 47 soon I have been in menopause. Since i have been in menopause i have had mood swings to where i cry, yell, then i have the anxieties and panic attacks i understand what you are going through. I have had nausea and stomach issue too. They seem to be going away slowly since i have been on estradiol and provera but there are times its there 

It is peri menopause so welcome to the club 

Also with this we ladies need to learn not to let our emotions get to us because physical and emotional stuff go hand in hand 

• Posted

Hi Michelle,

When I started peri, I got gastritis, which might be what is causing your nausea. I do get nauseous if my stomach is really empty (but I like eating, so that's rare!). I can't eat spicy foods anymore, or raw vegetables. They call the stomach 'the second brain' because it is really affected by serotonin, the 'happy' chemical. 

Relaxation, mindfulness helps.

As for mood swings, progesterone really helps for me. Progesterone cream, applied through the skin, I do it twice a day every day. It's a little controversial, but I probably couldn't keep working without it.

And I would advise you to get a new doctor. Really. I have had some baaaad doctors in my time, and I learned to just leave them behind. You are in the perimenopause age, you have peri symptoms, you are obviously in perimenopause. The hormone tests are unreliable, but you can feel it, so you don't need to doubt it. 

Everything has to be about health and low stress right now. Stomach issues are largely about stress, so meditation, mindfulness, yoga, these are all things that can help. And your kids can take more care of themselves than you think. I knew someone who had cancer when her kids were in puberty, and they behaved really well. I also have seen the situation in school (I am a junior high teacher) where what is expected of the kids really affects their behaviour. It isn't just their age. Of course your kids might be younger, which is physically more demanding for you, but less stressful emotionally. 

• Posted

Well Thankyou to the 5 lovely ladies that gave me some wonderful advice. Bless you allxxxxxxx. I'm going to make an appointment and try and see a GP. I also suffer terribly with Acid Reflux and lately getting so bad that my medication isn't really helping so I need something stronger, I also suffer with awful migranes and I take propranolol each day and Sumertription when an attack starts and again my migranes are becoming Dailey hence again as I read due to the menopause so I need. The Sumertription changing to a stronger brand? I used to be on Zomig but the last lady doc changed me and tried me on Sumertription!. Xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.