Peri menepause

Posted , 8 users are following.

i went to the doctor for blood results yesterday ive been experiencing most of the peri menepause symptoms bloods were fine he said and hormones were ok too now hes saying its not even peri menepause...........so what is it then lol 🙄😳(45 years old)

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Did you see the results? Ask for a print-out. If they are anything like the ones I got they will have some indication of highs and lows.

I wanted a full 'bloods' to look at the hormone/mineral levels and kidney/liver function. The doc said 'oh and it seems you are menopausal'. It took me all my time not to say 'no sxxt Sherlock!'. No periods for three years - dur.rolleyes

She was 'concerned' about my potassium levels - 0.1 over the 'high' level. Get a grip doc.

Get a print out and check your levels online. There are plenty of trustworthy medical sites out there.

• Posted

hi 

thanks for your reply an no i didnt see the blood results i will ask for a copy when i go back yet again next week its driving me crazy they wont listen its so annoying when you know your body an how your feeling.

• Posted

Hi, it is soooo annoying when they symply rely in the blood tests. I had the same experience (47 ) months ago. Going to see a gp again this Friday. I am not very hopeful but I want to try again. I hear that those blood tests needs to be done certain time of the month resting to one's cycle. But when I mentioned that to my GP he was very dismissive. Don't know what the answer is. Grin & bear! NOOO!

• Posted

Hi

its a nightmare ive had most of these symptoms for months cant get any answers seems they wont listen at all its so frustrating my doctor is pretty much the same so dismissive its like banging your head on a wall i hope you feel better soon x

• Posted

Hi you can't really tell if you in peri with blood tests cause hormones fluctuate all the time.... my gynae said best day to test is 3rd to 5th day of period.... otherwise your symptoms is what they must go on.... GP not always clued up.... good luck

• Posted

Thank you for the information michelle i think we all need some luck 🙂 These doctors have no idea its quite annoying i do hope everyone here gets some relief soon thanks everybody x

• Posted

Yes. I went to my on Friday. He sounded the same. Apparently he said all that course viruses!
  • Posted

It's rubbish deb that's what it is!!!my doc said the same to me...I nearly got over the desk and wrung his neck!!!!.....then cried.....then shouted....lol...need I say more.im 47 and am experiencing every sign of menopause.listen to ur body...you know it best.it takes a lot of blood tests for the menopause to show up so don't take any notice of them.if you have the symptoms then I'm sorry to say...welcome to the club😢😢😢😢xx

• Posted

That made me lol lizzy i think im close to strangling my doctor too lol i hope we all feel better soon thank you for your reply xxxxxx
    • Posted

I'm glad it made you smile....you can go and cry now😂😂😂😂I burst into tears the other day because toy story 3 was on the TV! !!luckily my 13 year old son knows me know so he's used to it!.have you tried menomood from boots or holland and Barratt. It does make you feel a little better..it helped with my hot flushes.i don't know symptoms you have but try them they may help.were all with you and feel ur pain 😢

• Posted

Lol lizzy you poor thing in your defence toy story is pretty emotional anyway 😂😂😂 an thank you for your advice im willing to try anything at the moment i hope you feel better soon its a bloody nightmare i know xxx 😘

• Posted

Hi Deb

I am in the same position. I went to my i GP with my long list of symptoms including haywire periods that have been 28 days regular all my life, sore boobs, hot all the time, bloated, no interest in sex, lethargic etc etc to be told I had 8 minutes so pick the symptom that was bothering me most haha. I have had ultrasound of stomach and pelvis, bloods with normal hormone level, internal examination, breast and underarm exam all clear, now I have uncomfortable stomach and rib pain most of the time so am debating going back to see a different doctor and try again. Can't really be bothered with anything anymore which is bad bearing in mind this time last year I was weightlifting 4 times a week!! I hope you get sorted try another doctor and if all else fails self help and ask on here that's what I'm gonna do because I think these girls know more than the GP's when it comes to peri menopause, lots of hugs sent your way xxx

• Posted

Hi sheena

geez that doctor you saw is shocking 😡Well i have a whole list of symptoms too thats driving me crazy my latest being pelvic pain also lower back pain comes and goes been going on for 5 weeks the doctor just throws pain killers at me i really dont know if the pelvic pain is anything to do with menepause im asking for a scan on tuesday ive really had enough 😓 Thanks for your reply hugs to you xxx

• Posted

Perimenopause doesn't show up on blood tests, this is why my doctor never gave me the test when I was in peri, she said,"it won't show up." That I had to wait until symptoms became unbearable, and my periods were irregular, which she was right, when I started crying at "hello," that was her cue and from there she put me on bcp's.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.