peri menopausal

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello, I'm new to this forum but i find it very helpful. I have experience most of the symptoms, but going through a rough time with my anxiety and also depression. I feel like I'm dying half the time. My family some what understands but they are supportive. I have a question has anyone experienced any tingling numbness on chest or back? Sometimes goes all the way to my scalp. Sometimes feel spots of tingling in my arms too? Could this be a sign of B-12 dificiency?

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

hello

I am 49 I have experience tingling but in my hands the right one but i havent had in a while but anxiety can cause tingly in any part of the body dont know about the B12 deficiency . i also experience weird pain .

• Posted

Yes, i too am 49 and this new to me i know as we get older we can have lower levels of b12 but hopefully i can get some answer soon, going to see dr this week.

• Posted

Watched a segment on morning tv last week talking about B12 deficiency and what you describe as your symptoms.

You are one lucky woman that has a family that is understanding of the anxiety and depression as most of us don't have that as our symptoms have increased over the years.

Hope you get the answers you are looking for and don't worry I'm a moody auld bugger tonight cause my family aren't as understanding as yours.....Heather x

• Posted

Yes hopefully i can get some answers this week going to dr. Feeling hopeful. Thank you.

• Posted

hi yogio1 - Yes, you are correct tingling can be caused by a number of things, B-12 deficiency, anxiety, pinched nerve etc & etc. I started out with tingling in my hands, feet & even "electric shock" sensation in my hands & feet - That tingling sensation kind of subsided & now all i get is this burning sensation either on my back, neck, chest, forearms & sometimes the front of my calves - i have asked my GP, Er dr if it could be menopause related & both said "NO" but if you go thru past posts on this forum you will see plenty of woman complain about this symptom. if you google the 66 symptoms of menopause it also states tingling as being a symptom. i feel like the burning sensation is part of my hot hot flash/flushing - i do know that your nervous system is greatly impacted with falling estrogen. i hope that helps you, but do have a gander on this forum about all the woman that complain about it -

• Posted

Hi Debra166- Yes thank you for that information , I can rest somewhat knowing that I'm not the only one going thru all these crazy symptoms especially the tingling and burning sensation on the back, neck, chest & forearms. And yes all the women here on this forum. So glad I found this...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.