Peri-menopausal & bed wetting

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello

I've been peri-menopausal for just over 1.5 years, in that time I've had bladder weakness; rushing to the loo, not being able to hold my pee for long etc. Over the last couple of months on two occassions, I have dreamt I was peeing and woke up and had started to wet the bed. I'm thinking all sorts. Has anyone else experienced this?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Zoey, I am always going to the bathroom too! porta potties used to gross me out, but, I am now quite fond of them! It is worse if I have a migraine or while ovulating. I was told by my obgyn that my bladder is drooping a little...awesome...I am 41. I am on a med to control my migraines now and it helps me sleep through the night, I really do not get up through the night anymore to pee. I think it has calmed my nervous bladder down.

You must have been in a deep sleep! I peed myself once several years ago while dreaming of sitting on the toilet...I was a kid so no perimenopause to blame on that one! Not recently though...Anything is possible though...I am waiting for the day I wake up with a third eye or something!

• Posted

thanks Lou. On both occassions i dreamt i was peeing. I'm seeing my GP next week so will ask him about my bad headaches.

• Posted

I have to stop liquids or I'm up at night going to the bathroom. sometimes start going before sitting down. I find myself looking for restrooms in every place I go to these days. but I have to drink a lot of water to avoid bladder infections because I tend to be dehydrated since peri started.

• Posted

hello Kimberley

yep, me too about starting before you sit down! i drink lots of water so not to dehydrate.

As my peri is progressing it seems ti be getting harder!

• Posted

have you tried massaging the middle of your palm or pressing it very hard?

I had a friend who went to see her homopath, it worked 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.