Peri menopause?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello, just joined after reading everyone's stories. I'm 47 periods are still as regular as clockwork but I get really hot sometimes, have put on tonnes of weight, feel nauseous and my breasts are sore for , quite often, two weeks before I get my period. During that time I also get headaches and will cry at just about anything! Could I be perimenopausal even if I'm still getting periods? Hope someone has an idea...😊

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Oh yes this is exactley my experience up until last April, then i had a period for 3 months straight. From age 46 yrs until now (I m 50 in July) i had weight problems, mood and anxiety issues, aching joints. My periods are now every 2/3 months apart, the weight gain is a big problem 22Ilbs on, joints not so bad, anxiety suppressed with prozac, boobs are huge and sore all of the time (i wear a bra in bed at night) but i am hoping i am nearing the end of peri as it is a horrble experience) no hot flashes thankfully but prozac as a ssri helps prevent this.
    • Posted

I was diagnosed estrogen dominent, although my hormones are all declining the balance of estrogen to progesterone is imbalanced. I use bio identical hormone cream, take flax seed oil and agus castra all of which seem to have helped. I cut out sugar, processed food, make all my meals from scratch, don't eat junk at all but i still am weighty but i know with my increase in cardio exercise this will eventually come off but slowly i guess

• Posted

Hi woo, I always hate hearing that others are suffering like me, but it does give me some relief to hear it. Especially the sore boobs! So almost 4 years now? I guess I am going on about 18 months. ((Hugs)). I need to start taking better care of myself like you. I go in spurts. I do good for awhile and then fatigue hits and I fall off the wagon....and Boy is it hard to get back on. Thanks for sharing
    • Posted

Same here... I do good and then get wiped out by fatigue... glad not to be alone in this but sorry you are struggling, too.
  • Posted

definately you could be perimenopausal, even if the labs don't show it.  There are several symptoms that you describe that suggest you have an imbalance between estrogen and progesterone.  Sore breasts,& nausea, indicate lack of progesterone in relationship to estrogen.  But at that age, everything is probably declining.   

• Posted

This definitely sounds like perimenopause.  We have many of the same symptoms!  I'm 46.

• Posted

Well after reading some more I'm going to try and give up alcohol (two glasses of wine does make things a bit easier of an evening though😂wink and try accupuncture too. Hope you aren't suffering too much Liz9305! Give me a shout if you need to...💋

• Posted

As soon as I read that I realised that I sound like I've got an alcohol problem ha! It's not every night 😂🍷

• Posted

I understand.  My biggest problem is sweets... sooooo hard to ignore those cravings.  Going for gyn check-up tomorrow and dreading that moment on the scale.
  • Posted

Hi Andrea I too have just joined this site after reading lots of comments I can relate to !

Having no sisters and a mum with Alzheimer's I feel very alone in this perimenopause thing 😢

I'm 47 as well and had symptoms for a few years that have got increasingly worse , to name a few , hot and cold episodes, shaking , fatigue, forgetfulness, anxiety , loss of libido, loss of confidence, sleep problems, changes in body odour, feeling spaced out the list goes on !

Have lost count of the amount of times I've seen a GP now none of whom have really helped, even resorted to a private medical to be told I have a combination of anxiety and perimenopause symptoms so should ask my GP for HRT!

So I'm now researching my options as it's rather confusing reading about the different types available?

I'm trying to help myself to as in eating healthier, getting more rest (although I work nights) and gentle exercise (when I can muster the energy)! 😴

I'm still having periods although they appear whenever they like now !

Any advice on here would be very much appreciated 😘

• Posted

You'll find lots of good advice here.  I'm trying to eat better and get into yoga.  What type of gentle exercise do you find helpful?

• Posted

Hi Lynda, I've been making my own food from scratch for some time now and I take flax seed oil capsules and Hawthorne berry capsules which have worked but now seem not to be which is annoying. I was running every week day up until recently when I suffered a back injury so can't do anything at the moment. That's probably what's making me feel worse too! I'm going to try yoga I think...x

• Posted

I too cook everything from scratch, even my own muesli, no processed food or sugar. My weight increased due to lack of ability to do cardiio exercise due to cortisol problems but i took up yoga and pilates over a year ago and it is a life saver, its taught me about calming myself with breathing and kept me supple. I have started to increase my cardiio once again but in all honesty for what i went through last year being slightly overweight is not worth worrying about. Yoga is brilliant for peri and menopause , please give it a go
    • Posted

Hi Lynda. I am in the same boat with you with no sisters. and my mom is not easy to talk to lol. I have the sleep problems too. How are we supposed to have energy to exercise when we can't sleep? Ugh. The only thing I can say is that some of the symptoms go away for a while and then when they do resurface I seem to be able to handle them a little better.

• Posted

Hi Andrea, I am 45

Nausea, sore boobs, and still having periods. They aren't exactly 28 days anymore, but still pretty regular. All of this started when I was 43. Health anxiety and sore boobs were a couple of the first symptoms. I also have gallbladder pain too. Hope all the responses make you feel better. Welcome to peri-world

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.