Peri menopause

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi everyone, anyone having to deal with this awful peri menopause. The worst symptoms I have is the anxiety and palpitations. I have to take each day as it comes as I never know what I’m going to feel like in the morning. I now worry when I go out that something is going to happen to me. I have been taking menopause support tablets for a few weeks and I’m not sure if they are helping or not. All I seem to want to do is sleep

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Yep, it sucks! I've been to the hospital multiple times with either a low heart rate or high heart rate...light headed spotty vision, super tender breasts and hot flashes that are more like sunburn than sweating. Hang in there!!!! Taking one day at a time is a great philosophy 🙂And your tiredness is probably your body's way of coping with all the changes that are taking place. 

• Posted

Oh yes!!! It’s the worst.   I’m 51 and I believe I started perimenopause over 10 years ago when I started getting panic attacks.  I worry about every little thing.  My mind goes crazy when it comes to my health, my husband’s and kids’ health as well.   And I also worry about the future.  I have these doom and gloom thoughts that I know are irrational but I would still dwell on them.  I can take the hot flashes and some other symptoms but anxiety is the worst for me.  I currently see a therapist and attend group therapy.  I take anti-anxiety meds only as needed.  No HRT nor anti depressant for me.  I exercise, meditate, and practice gratitude.  I try to eat healthy and I do drink lots of water and no caffeine for me too. So far, these things that I do help manage my anxiety but I still get bad days.  I’m so done with this and can’t wait for this ugly feeling to go away.  Take care. 
    • Posted

Thank you so much for your words, can I ask what exercise you do as I find going to the gym so boring. I also have cut out caffeine, have you found any natural therapies that help 
    • Posted

Hi Eloise.  Sometimes I go to Zumba classes offered at my gym.  I know going on the machines is quite boring but I push myself to run and walk on the treadmill for about 45 mins to an hour. But my favorite exercise is brisk walking on a horse trail by my house.  It just feels so good experiencing nature.  I suggest cardio exercises that will really make you sweat.  I know for a fact that regular exercise is a natural anti-depressant.  As far natural therapies, I take omega 3, women’s multivitamins, vitamins B12, D3 and C.  Just take it easy.  I know it’s easier said than done but let’s just take it a day at a time and look forward to better days ahead. Take care. 
  • Posted

Hi - oh yes I definitely feel just like you at times. It all started For me about a year and a half ago. My first symptoms were severe anxiety particularly about health. I googled everything and was convinced I was dying and or crazy.  I also found that taking a walk, staying hydrated helped a lot. Resting when I can and not feeling guilty about it are a big part of it too...it’s time to give ourselves a break and listen to our bodies. 😊

• Posted

Hi Eloise

I had bad anxiety when i first started peri did not work for 4 months, went to a counsellor it help me I all so take hrt .But for a few months now have started to feel anxious and have started to go to a stress management group it is on for 4 weeks hoping it helps me

Take care

Paula

• Posted

Hi , i cou;dnt leave house at one point as anxiety went through the roof , so worried something awful would happen to me out there !!! its so awful and takes over your life , felt so ill with all other symptoms as well , i am now on anti anxiety tabs , and they really have helped me so much , good luck and just remember we are all in this together xx 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.