Peri menopause- all hope abandoned

Posted , 6 users are following.

Good evening ,

I'm hoping someone can offer me a little bit of hope ! in a nutshell none of the hrt treatments is helping me. I've been on 4 different tablets this year and now have started patches. my priority concern is the hideous sweating I'm experiencing. i can look like I have just been standing in a storm or got just out of the shower when it is just me sweating 

Does anybody else suffer the same? and if so, what worked for you?

many thanks in advance,

Ruby,

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ruby,

I would suggest reading up on hormone replacement. Tablet is the least preferred method of hormone replacement followed by patches, according to the doctors that have taken the time to further educate themselves on it.

Tablet

Patches

Transdermal creams

Pellets

In my opinion, Bio Identical creams are you best choice followed by pellet implants for success in hormone replacement along with a good doctor that knows what their doing and runs the proper lab work for you and you needs. Pill form is the worst because the pill goes through your stomach and then your liver leaving little to go to where it needs to go. If your on synthetic hormones that is another problem because our bodies don't know what to do with these. Our bodies recognize bio identical hormones and bring them to the proper receptors where they are put to good use. Its not that complicated if you read up on it or find a good doc that can help you through. General docs typically are not studied well in peri and menopause in women. A holistic or alternative practice is generally pretty up to date on hormone replacement and the proper forms. I started with a holistic dr on bio identical creams and have been on them for three years no problems. I am now doing pellet implants and have not had any issue with these either. I am three and half years post menopausal and will stay on bio identical hormones the rest of my life. Good luck.

• Posted

Jude, thank you so much for the information. I am visiting my doctor asap and will read up on this beforehand. I'm also really pleased that you found something that works for you. This can all be so disheartening at times! 

• Posted

ruby, i had some drenching night sweats in perimenopause i also tried HRT to no avail

What did work was time As your body adjust to lower levels, it does calm down. When i did teach menopause 10 yrs later, i never had any hot flashes or night sweats . They only happened in the initial peri period

• Posted

Hi Gailannie,

Thank you so much for replying. I'm crossing my fingers here! .It's good to hear that time will help. am glad yours stopped.

• Posted

ruby, i had some drenching night sweats in perimenopause i also tried HRT to no avail

What did work was time As your body adjust to lower levels, it does calm down. When i did teach menopause 10 yrs later, i never had any hot flashes or night sweats . They only happened in the initial peri period

• Posted

the patch worked on hot flashes but they didnt really bother me. however i put on like 25lbs so im coming off it as that is unacceptable

• Posted

Hi Lori,

i don't blame you! my girth has expansed and i daren't step on the scales.....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.