Peri Menopause and Menopause Homeopathic Help

Posted , 20 users are following.

This may be of interest to some ladies 

it certainly interested me .. This was not written by me, this was info i have found and saved to share .

Over 150 symptoms have been attributed to PMS, Perimenopause & Menopause including feeling "out of control," anxious, depressed, and irritable with uncontrollable crying spells.  Physical symptoms may include food cravings (especially for chocolate), bloating, fluid retention and weight gain, headaches/migraines and fatigue, backache, constipation, painful joints and/or heart palpitations.

Menopause/Perimenopause

Menopause is the transition period in a woman's life when her ovaries stop producing eggs, her body produces less estrogen and progesterone, and menstruation becomes less frequent, eventually stopping.

Perimenopause can occur up to ten years before cessation of menses.

Some women's menstrual flow comes to a sudden halt, but most women can have more or less frequent periods over time before they come to a final halt.

Symptoms of menopause include pounding heart, hot flashes, night sweats, skin flushing, insomnia, low libido, forgetfulness, irregular periods, mood swings, vaginal dryness, joint aches, fatigue and feeling overwhelmed.

The average age of menopause is 51 (mostly between age 45 and 55), but menopause can occur in the 30s or as late as the 60s.

Homeopathy for PMS and Menopause

Homeopathy addresses the whole person, not merely the illness.

With over 3,000 remedies to choose from, the homeopath must determine the indicated remedy (constitutional remedy) according to each woman's individual pattern of symptoms.

I will discuss a couple of cases and the indicated remedy for each case.  Keep in mind that these are but a few examples from the bounty of remedies available for women with PMS and menopause.

This is to be used for educational purposes only.

Do not treat yourself. A professional homeopath has knowledge of and access to your correctconstitutional remedy.

Pulsatilla (Wind Flower):  This is a plant remedy known to be useful for sensitive, emotional people who are gentle, nurturing and need support and affection.  Known as "the weather-cock of remedies," Pulsatilla women are mild, gentle and yielding.  "Mentally, an April day," women with changeable, contradictory moods and symptoms may benefit from this remedy. Weeping and depressed women during PMS with irregular, varying periods.

Usually has a healthy sex drive and enjoys intimacy. This woman can have unstable circulation (warm head, cold feet, varicose veins) and feels better in the fresh open air and worse in a warm, stuffy room. Worse when alone, better with company and consolation.  Thirstless, peevish and chilly or warm-natured.

Crying spells and fear of the dark, being alone and ghosts.

Highly emotional and easily discouraged, this woman benefits from affection, gentle motion or walking in fresh air.  Useful for PMS or menopause with hot flashes worse in warm, stuffy rooms and better from walking in fresh air, and irregular periods in a weepy, changeable and gentle person.

Pulsatilla Case Study:  A thirty year-old gentle, mild, yielding woman complains of being "bipolar" along with diarrhea and sinus infections worse from drinking milk.  She has fatigue and sleep disturbances, not being able to sleep until 2 a.m.  Even after sleeping 14-16 hours, she feels like she hasn't slept.  Wakes unrefreshed.  Wakes every two hours alert with an active mind.  Gets flu-like symptoms of nausea, vomiting and headaches with sore neck and sore shoulders every three months.  She has had no periods since stopping oral contraceptives.  Complains of facial hair and polycystic ovarian syndrome, in which follicles don't produce eggs.  She has short, heavy periodswhen they do come, and becomes more emotional and weepy with fatigue and a tired back.  She just lies around.  Food cravings for chocolate, salt, ketchup and french fries, avocadoes, cheese, tomatoes, potatoes with sour cream, cheese and chives, pickles and fat on meat.  Whipped cream gives her an upset stomach. Complains of a lot of fears from growing up in an unstable home with abandonment, insecurity and personal safety issues. Dislikes being alone in the dark and feels better with company.  Temperature is chilly, then hot and sweaty. Burns easily in the sun and feelsworse in a hot, stuffy room or sauna.  Claustrophobia in a steam room.  Feels better with cold air on her face. General dread/anxiety with desire to cry for no reason.Moody/tearful/angry feelings center around feeling disappointed by her husband'sperceived lack of attention to her.  Affectionate and feels better from consolation and hugs. Rosacea began with acne, and a few moles and freckles/birthmarks. Her goal is to become more emotionally stable without medications and to start her period and get pregnant.

Three months after starting Pulsatilla 200C, her crying has stopped and her energy has improved. Sleep is good and she is able to clean house and be productive. Not as needy for husband's attention. Moods are stable and she can do anything she needs to.  Fear of robbers and abandonment is much better. Anxiety/dread is a thing of the past.  She is hot natured now. She has been having her periods with cramping. New symptoms are anger, starting a diet with Weight Watchers and seeking out interactions with people and events (when she used to stay home and lie around).  Healthy without infections and no headaches or sinus congestion.  

Sepia (Inky Juice of Cuttlefish):  This is an animal remedy made from the ink of the cuttle fish.  The Sepia woman may be worn out from emotional traumas and abuse, multiple pregnancies, nursing twins, hormonal assaults (not well since birth control pill) or overlifting.  She is depressed with zero energy and zero sex drive, sweats under her arms and doesn't want to get up in the morning. Feels worse in damp, rainy weather and before a storm. Doesn't care; indifferent to her family, snaps at husband and children, can be sarcastic with cutting remarks when tired. May experience hot flashes at menopause. Food cravings: vinegar, acids (sour), pickles, sweets, chocolate, salt. Aversion to fat and worse from milk.  Rosacea, ringworm or lupus skin symptoms may be present. May have restless legs and cold feet. Irritable, snappy and worn out during PMS; periods may be painful and irregular with sharp, clutching pains and prolapse of uterus and vagina with bearing down of contents of pelvis (crosses legs to prevent protrusion). Wants to be left alone and lie down in a dark room with hormonal migraines. May have sinus congestion worse before a storm. Painful intercourse may prevent her from enjoying intimacy with her partner. Ambitious, hard working career women who can become ill from overwork. Feel relief with vigorous exercise or may be too exhausted to exercise. Enjoys dancing and thunderstorms.Hot flashes during menopause in women with this mental/emotional/physical picture.

Sepia Case Study:  39 year-old female presents with exhaustion and gastric reflux with gurgling/growling of the stomach.  She is so tired that she has to drink coffee to stay awake at work. She prefers a daily nap between 2 and 3 p.m. and feels better afterward.  Her sleep is disturbed from waking every two hours and she is constipated alternating with diarrhea/irritable bowel every three days.  Reflux is caused by chocolate, coffee, and even water.  It's difficult to get up in the morning and she feelsirritable on waking. She grinds her teeth at night in bed and sleeps on her right side under the covers.  She has "crazy dreams" about someone chasing her and she is running in place, and somebody trying to hurt or kill her.  She is divorced from a physically abusive husband who is in prison. She lost a child to a freak accident. She is afraid of losing her sons and has a fear of not being good enough for God (her father was a Baptist preacher).  She is afraid of failing to be a good person. She has body image issues and had a gastric bypass to lose 100 pounds. She has to work on body image and her self esteem. Her father abused her when she was young and she couldn't tell her mother, who remained in the marriage. Her mother was either loving or screaming "hell on us."  Client tries to get away from anger. Then she puts up a fuss and fights back. She is bubbly, funny, and can be "hell on wheels."  She gets things done and hates procrastination. She likes company and alone time to meditate and read scriptures. She is chilly and hates winter.  Has been moody all of her life, and has had suicidal thoughts when severely depressed in the past.  She likes to stay in bed and be left alone when depressed. She gets grumpy during PMS (two days before her period), which is relieved by the flow. Hormones are terrible for a few days, and she is more depressed with fluid retention and weight gain.  It feels like pressure, like heruterus is falling out.  Sinuses worse before a thunderstorm with pain in her head and above and behind her eyes.  She feels worse in damp, rainy weather and better in sunshine. Uses SAD light in the winter. Can be bossy and irritable, then sarcastic with those she loves. 

The first remedy given was Lycopodium 200C for reflux and self-esteem issues.  Two months later, reflux and irritable bowel improved, but PMS and periods continued. Exhaustion continued with aversion to sex.  Sepia 200C was then given, followed by improvement in energy, attitude, not as cynical, more accepting of herself and others, improved mood during PMS and less fearful.  She has continued to do well on Sepia 200C, then 1M over the past few months. She is considering going to graduate school to further her career.

Pulsatilla, Lycopodium and Sepia are only three of the many homeopathic remedies which can be useful in women with PMS or menopausal symptoms which match the correct remedy picture (description of the symptoms a remedy can cause in a healthy person and heal in an ill person; each remedy picture is published in homeopathicmateria medicas for use by homeopathic practitioners).  

5 likes, 35 replies

35 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Thank you! I like the part with "150 symptoms"...  Whatever they are, I surely had it all, lol.
  • Posted

Hi Jaynee,

nice to see you're still posting useful stuff! Just thought I'd add that here in France where I live they're really into homeopathy and it's prescribed on the national health; I'm taking Sepia, lachesis mutus, belladonna and arsenicum album at the moment. I've just started as the Menopause is really kicking in now and I need a little (natural) help. Like you I was skeptical but my grandson had awful eczema and he was cured by homeopathy.   

• Posted

Hi Kerry 

how are you 😃

i spent a year in france not so long ago, back in southern spain now .

i want to get some sepia .. Are you taking 200c or the 30c 

is it doing anything for you ..

jay x

• Posted

Hi Jaynee,

I'm not so bad thanks, more good days than bad! I'm taking 10 granules of 9ch every Sunday and this is the first day so I can't say if it's helping yet. I'm taking the throw-everything-at-the-menopause and see if it works approach! except HRT (like you) as my mum got breast cancer. I'm also taking vitex agnus castus which regulates your hormones (not a phytoestrogen) to try to avoid the ups and downs. Feel great today so I'm going to make the most of it, I think that's what we have to do celebrate the good days and get through the bad ones! I'll post in a few weeks with the results of my new homeopathic treatment.

Have a nice Sunday!    

• Posted

Hi kerry 

oh thats good, more good than bad days 

sorry i do not know what you mean exactly by 9ch .. 

Have a great sunday too

jay x

• Posted

Maybe your taking all four which are all 9ch every sunday 

the measurements/ strengths are sooo confusing

6,9,30, 200C or CH .. Etc 😳

the mind boggles 😃

jay x

• Posted

Hi,

9ch refers to the strength I think, then there is 15ch then 30ch. No idea what the 200 is !!! I take belladonna three times a day (3 granules) for the Sepia and Lachesis its 10 granules every sunday and the arsenicum is 3 granules every night.

• Posted

Hi kerry 

oh thanks for the info.. 

Been looking on ebay aswell 

yes its all diffo strengths.. 200 c being the highest ( one a week tops) 

thanks again 

jayx

• Posted

OK, just found it. Here in France they use CH after the number in Britain it's just C. It indicates how many times the active ingredient has been diluted (the more it's diluted the stronger it is in hoeopathy). So 9C means it's been diluted 900 times. There are some good sites which indicate the appropriate doses;

Kerryx  

• Posted

Omg why do I feel you have just wrote stories about me 😞 I so want to come back in my next life as a man haha
    • Posted

I thought about that too Mazza but I wouldn't want that thing hangin in between my legs.  😆😆😆
    • Posted

redfaceand especially those two hairy things as well lol 
    • Posted

Naaaaaaaa

i wouldnt want that either 😩

not pretty are they ...

hehehehehe

jayxxx

• Posted

You should be canotised and become Saint Menopause.Reading all your symptoms plus 150 I can raise my hand and say I have had them all..oh goody.Last two days I been having hot flushes nausea migraines palpitations dizzy etc the bloody usual.Even just had a mini period after the end of my previous period 5 days after.The same symptoms prior and oh yeah a mini one.Today I have had sore shin muscles but I haven't been in a marathon.When I read your symptoms I think oh I knew I wasn't going mad.I have been craving chocolate just recently and I think how does this woman know that? Lol.I am so sick of the nightmares but I just love it when before I have an irregular period.My hair gets very oily like an oil well and my scalp has blind sore pimples. Thinning hair sinus pain itchy skin then kicking my sheets thinking there are spiders on me.Tick tick tick goes the list.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.