Peri menopause and urinary issues

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone, first timer here. I’m 51 and just this year have skipped a couple of periods. Other than a few hot flashes my only concern has been what seems to be symptoms of ic, after ruling out a uti. I’m peeing a lot more, but not everyday. And having a lot of pain around my pelvic area, but again not all the time. But when I do have pain it’s awful! Can anyone else relate? 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi had a lot of this through the peri menopause stage, it does get better, just in case you should get checked out for a UTI but get it checked through proper checking through hospital path lab and not just the drs dip stick as my last 2 said i had an UTI when in fact i never, took two lots of antibiotics for nothing.. Gp himself said dip stick method isn't reliable at all !  You do say though that an UTI was ruled out and it seems you had ic ?  whats this? When you say pelvic area do you mean over the bladder or further down in the urethral part?

Sue 

• Posted

HELLO LINTAY, I EXPERIENCE THE SAME TYPE OF SYMPTOMS YOU ARE HAVING.  I AM 45 AND THIS PARTICULAR SYMPTOM IS SO ANNOYING AND IRRITATING.  IT RESEMBLES THE SYMPTOMS OF A BLADDER INFECTION OR IC BUT I HONESTLY BELIEVE IT HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH OUR UTERUS AND THE UTERUS PUTTING PRESSURE ON OUR BLADDER.  I HAVE TESTED FOR UTI AND IC AND EVERY TEST IS NORMAL AND I KNOW MY BODY.  I NEVER HAD THIS SYMPTOM TIL I STARTED WITH PERI AT THE AGE OF 45 I AM 46 NOW AND SINCE PERI I HAVE HAD SO MANY SYMPTOMS IT ALL STARTED WITH ANXIETY AND GO DOWN THE LIST.  ANYHOW WITH THIS GHOST SYMPTOM OF A UTI OR IC I FEEL BLOATED BURNING IRRITATED AROUND MY PELVIC AREA AND UPON MASSAGING MY TUMMY UNDERNEATH MY BELLY BUTTON AND ABOVE MY PUBIC BONE (WHERE I AM SURE THE UTERUS AND BLADDER ARE LOCATED) I FEEL SOOO MUCH RELIEF ITS JUST CRAZY!!!  SOMETIMES I LAY ON MY TUMMY AND ROCK FROM SIDE TO SIDE, THIS ALSO BRINGS SOOO MUCH RELIEF AND RELIEVES THE FEELING OF BLOATING BURNING IRRITATION.  IT IS JUST SO WEIRD THIS FEELING AND ALSO ANNOYING AND UNCOMFORTABLE.  I TRULY BELIEVE AND I KNOW THIS HAS TO DO WITH PERIMENOPAUSE AS WE HEAD TO MENOPAUSE.  HORMONES PLAY A HUGE IMPORTANCT PART IN OUR LIVES AND WE WOMEN GO THRU SO MANY CHANGES THROUGHOUT OUR LIVES FROM PUBERTY TO MENOPAUSE.  MAY THIS BE THE LAST JOURNEY AND MAY WE BE REBORN FOR THE NEXT HALF OF OUR LIVES AS UNREPRODUCTIVE WOMEN HAPPY HEALTHY AND STRONG!!!!! 🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽

• Posted

Hi Lin Tay

last year I had terrible bladder problems but I’m not sure it was related to the menopause. I had my bladder scanned and it was all fine. They told me I had an over active bladder. Changed my diet a lot and it went away. I was annoyed that I had suffered for a year and it was just a diet problem. 

• Posted

HI! Please tell me what you eliminated from your diet. I have been suffering big time for about three weeks. I feel the urge to go immediately after I empty my bladder and it's driving me crazy. I've had my kidneys checked and a urine culture and everything is normal. This is by far one of the worst peri symptoms that I've had.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.