Peri menopause natural hrt alternatives?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi all

Does anyone have any tips on natural supplements/ vitamins/ natural remedies over the counter or prescription for a 48 yr old woman struggling with peri symptoms? I would like to try natural and if all else fails will have to resort to hrt!

Mainly brain fog/ anxiety/ feeling faint/ feeling low/internal tremors/dizzy/ racing heart at times/ off balance/fatigue/ ringing in ears.... To name a few....

Thanks ladies!

smile

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Forgot to mention, change your toiletries to organic!!
    • Posted

Right , I will, I use some organic already but will make sure any new ones are organic in future. smile
  • Posted

maca , chasteberry, essential oil blends, theres many many many good formulas out there. of course do so under guidance of a good herbalist etc
    • Posted

Thank you Ella. Funnily enough I rang a herbalist today to make an appt.

smile

• Posted

Hi shelagh, I have all the symptoms you've posted plus others, I'm currently taking tibolone which is a steroid that your body breaks down into estrogen, progestogen and testosterone

GP prescribed this as I seem to be sensitive to HRTs and the side effects of this are supposed to be milder

Anyway, I've been taking this for 42 days and I still have all of the same symptoms

I have a history of ME and lost my mum in January this year so I have been grieving which is not helping

Just wanted you to know that your not alone some of us ladies have been unlucky to suffer severe meno symptoms but it sometimes helps to know what's causing the symptoms and that they will eventually settle, try and stay strong, don't let them wear you down

Let us know if you come across anything that helps

Love

Brenda x

• Posted

Sorry to hear about your mum, it must be a very very difficult time for you.

I will of course let you know of anything helpful I hear of

Best regards

smile

• Posted

Have you considered seeing a qualified, experienced herbal practitioner as you may find expert advice and a detailed protocol helpful as well? 

Plant medicines and nutrition may help.

• Posted

Thanks Ola

Funnily enough I did think about this the other day and I'm going to make an appointment to see one after when I've seen an Endocrinologist on 18 May.

I would always rather go the natural route if possible.

Thank you smile

• Posted

Hi can you tell me what peri menapause is,not sure which one I am ,im now 57 years old finished my periods when I was 52 but I feel awful everyday help
    • Posted

Hi Simone. Peri menopause is the time, months/years leading up to menopause when monthly periods cease. 2 years of period free and you are classed as having gone through the menopause.

Are you taking HRT?

• Posted

Hi mise no im not taking hrt the doctor told me not to go on it.im suffering badly

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.