Peri menopause or anxiety

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am 38, i take the combined pill, i have been having several issues over the past year, gut related (gastroenterologist says ibs), health anxiety, worrying about every little niggle, waking up early, pains in body, headaches, a friend suggested it could be peri menopause, my mum went through menopause at 47.

ive been trying meditation, i lift weights, on my feet all do so active.

Any help or advice appreciated. Thanks.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Edited

Hi Rubi, have you had a chat with your doctor? If you're under 45 you can normally have a blood test to check your FSH levels but because you are on the pill you would have to come off it first. I would talk to your GP and see how you get on. Good luck x

• Posted

yes my dr said because of the pill they cant do that test. i had a full blood count. dr said all normal but i got a copy of the results and my white cells are 3.3, 4.3 last june. and below parameters.

• Edited

Well it's good you've seen a doctor and I hope you feel better soon. I have health anxiety too and it's exhausting when you're always worried. Anxiety can definitely make everything a lot worse! If you continue to struggle with it, you can ask for CBT to see if that helps.

• Edited

thank you i have a telephone appointment with talking therepies

• Edited

my dr said my whitecell count is normal for me

• Edited

Hope you're reassured by that and best of luck with the CBT. I found it useful to an extent, you have to work at it but it's good to have someone to talk to. Ask for 1-1 sessions if you get that option x

• Edited

Thank you 😃 its an initial 45(!) minute telephone call

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.