Peri menopause symptoms

Posted , 4 users are following.

I’m 46 and started peri menopause when I was 43. I has a hysterectomy when I was 26.

My earlier symptoms were many, but the main ones were constant nausea and headaches.

Now I have terrible pain and stiffening in the back of my neck and the pain runs up the side of my head, this symptom comes and goes. I also have terrible pain in my legs, it feels muscular.

Can anyone else relate to these symptoms.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Karla,

I'm new to these discussions, I can relate the light headaches and nausea and a wealth of emotional symptoms but no aches and pains yet .

I'm 46 too. 

I'm sure someone can help xxx

• Posted

Hey Carla, I experience headaches, light headedness and occasionally nausea. But boy I do experience leg cramps and my neck muscles tighten up on both side but not at the same time. It also affects my arm. My legs cramp on and off. They have been for the past two years. I am only 41 but I have recently started sweating at night so I am starting to wonder if all these symptoms might be a part of perimenopause. I thought I'm too young but maybe not?

• Posted

Thanks Kelle 

Puts me at ease to know I’m not alone with these symptoms.

I know of women in their late 30’s starting peri menopause.

• Posted

I am actually going to the Dr tomorrow to ask her about all these symptoms.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.