Peri misery!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Oh who is feeling down in the dumps? I have been on Sertraline for a week now and although the really bad anxiety seems to have gone I am feeling so down, slightly nauseous, bit shaky on my legs. I go to work and struggle through the day, have no enthusiasm for anything and I'm making so many mistakes at work I'm surprised I'm not sacked! I have a week off next week thank goodness.

I really hope this tablet kicks in soon sad(

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I was prescribed sertraline just this afternoon, after feeling increasingly depressed, hopeless and anxious. I was also prescribed propranolol.  I know the sertraline takes a few weeks to take effect properly.  I just feel extremely relieved to have actually taken the step to tell the doctor how bad I feel.

If there is help available, even in a chemical form which will make life tolerable, I'm totally willing to take it.

I have heard sertraline is very good, so stay with it.

• Posted

Thank you for your support, all the best to you too x
  • Posted

Hi Liz

I'm just writing to say hang in there.  I hope your tablets help.  Be kind to yourself in your week off

Best wishes

• Posted

Hi Liz, hang on in there. Im two weeks into sertraline, although i did have to take a couple of weeks off work as, like you, shaky on my feet, dizzy and very down.The doc recommended to half my dose to 50mg and work my way up to 100mg. This peri lark is terrible. I am starting to feel a bit more 'normal' so dont lose heart
    • Posted

Thank you these comments all help I'm reading this crying my eyes out!! I know it will get better just wish it was now x
  • Posted

I have been on Sertraline for 18 months 50 mg daily. It has been a life saver for me along with this site. There is no shame on taking AD's if that's what it takes to make one function and get back to some kind of normality. HRT did not work for me and Sertraline was offered to get me through menopause. It does take a week or so to kick in and it certainly reduced my hot flushes too. Hope you feel better soon and sending huge hug xx
    • Posted

Thank you for your support I hate feeling like this xx
    • Posted

Aww sweetie! You WILL get through this.... We are strong! No matter how bad you feel right now, and how much the tears come it will pass I promise. Oh to be a woman eh!!😉 I was at Rock bottom, my symptoms were horrendous and until I found this site I thought I was the only one suffering. Walked from my job after years of misery not understanding what the hell was going on with my best and mind. Mentally drained and physically exhausted. You take the time for yourself, don't be worrying about anything else just concentrate on your own wellbeing it will take time to get you feeling a wee bit better but it will come. Keep intouch with this site you Te no way alone on all that you are going through, these ladies on here are fantastic and will support you in any way they can. You on FB? If you want to chat let me know, if not I totally understand. Keep strong and positive you will get there 💓👍😜xx
    • Posted

Thanks so much for your kind words. I love this site, it really does help. Us women go through so much!!

I can't wait for the time I can say on here that I am feeling good, thanks again, speak soon x

• Posted

Liz,

As the others have shared, hard as it is right now for you to believe, you will feel better. I was also prescribed Sertaline last year and it really helped me get through a very rough patch. I remember feeling just like you on the beginning, but believe me, it's slow and subtle improvements that you will all of sudden notice. Plus visit here regularly, this forum is a lifeline! The ladies are lovely.

I would not hesitate to start Sertaline if needed again. It helped save me through a difficult bout of anxiety and a bit of depression. Worked well with minimal side effects, starting up. Nine was simply a few days of heightened anxiety. Passed quickly.

Be well!

Annie xx

• Posted

You are so kind, everyone on this forum are so supportive.

I am hanging in there, like you say, it will get better.

Thanks for your support xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.