Perianal

Posted , 8 users are following.

I suffer from only perianal cuts and pain. I keep that area very clean, and use clobetasol twice daily . The tissue tearing is very painful. However, what to use on the red inflamed skin? I take baking soda baths, use laxatives to prevent straining but the pain is constant?

Can I use Estrace on the anal area to rebuild tissues?

Help.

Elizabeth

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hey, I found the clobetasol ointment seemed to cause the skin to worsen - red cracked painful skin - I stopped using the clobetasol - used cold water to stop the irritation - then put antibiotic ointment on the skin - hoping things will clear up soon - I also use Vaseline to keep the skin moist to prevent tearing.    Don't know what to do at this point - I felt a lot better before I was diagnosed and given medication to apply -😩

• Posted

My main problem was with cuts and bleeding in he anal area.  I cannot use extra early as I am a estrogen dependent breast cancer survivor.  I now use the clobetasol cream twice a week, rinse daily with a solution of borax in warm water and moisturize with coconut oil.  I also keep my bowel movements frequent and soft by drinking a mixture of psyllium, powderee magnesium and  ground flax in water twice daily.  Following this routine daily, I have no anal tears or balding and LS symptoms have greatly improved.  Don't be disheartened!

• Posted

I have been experiencing the same problem with bowel movements. Bleeding and tearing... I am interested in how much psyllium, ground flax you are using? Where do you get the powdered magnesium? UGH it scares me every time I bleed from a BM. 
    • Posted

Jen, I do as follows: Mix 1 cup of psyllium husks, 1/4 cup hound flax,  and about 1/6 cup of Inulin (powdered chicory root) and plac in a plastic jar with tight lid.  I mix 1 tsp of this dry mix along with 1/4 tsp of powdered magnesium citrate(from local health supplement store) Into about 10 oz. of water.  Often I add some vegetable or fruit juice for flavour.  I drink this before breakfast and dinner.  You must start with less and gradually increase if needed.  I struggled for two years with anal are bleeding but now no problem unless I fail to drink my 'hooch'- my husband's term for my concoction.  The result of my twice daily drink is that I have bowel movements twice daily so no large stools to pass.  Sounds ghastly doesn't it?  But it is what works for me.  I consulted a Naturopathic Doctor who suggested the magnesium.  I refuse to take over the counter laxatives or stool softener a which contain sugar or aspartame or other chemicals.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply Helen...

I finally found Psyllium husks without aspartame, also have organic ground flax seed (which I really like) has a very mild nutty flavor. I will have to try and find Inulin (powdered chicory root) I have magnesium but it is in the pill form so I will try and find magnesium citrate in powder form. Sound like you have found the right combination to suit your needs. Oddly enough I have suffered with IBS-D most of my young life bit for some strange reason the last few months I have had more bouts with constipation. Of course I know it can and does alternate back and forth for loads of patients. That was never the case for me personally however I am getting older and I know my metabolism is slowing down tremndously. My energy level has been at an all time low. I fight with depression and the LS has done nothing but make tha worse. Haven't been able to have intercourse with my sweet hubby for about 2 years now. The LS first started affecting the perineum but has now spread back to anal area too. I hate this horrible condition! I have a regular Doctors appt on Tuesday of this week. Then the following week off to the health clinich to have a pelvic and pap smear, then get my referal to have a mammogram. I am in the US and son't have health insurance so I have to jump through hoops. I have a lump between my breasts that has been there about 6 months already and I have already had to have surgery on the left breast several years ago. I am stressing right now as you might imagine... And praying everything turns out benign! Thanks again for your input... So great to be able to share our journeys with others who understand! 

• Posted

Jen so sorry to hear that you have so much to deal with right now.  I hope by the end of the next two weeks you will have some answers and be feeling less stressed.   With a history of IBS please take care to introduce the psyllium, etc. very gradually so as not to aggravate the IBS.  

As many others here, I have had good luck with Borax and also coconut oil.

I am also a breast cancer survivor and can understand how you must be feeling now.  I will pray with you that the test results are good.  One day at a time - hard to do.

• Posted

Hi Elizabeth,

I  have read and it was backed up by my gyno not to use Clob every day.  It is a steroid and thins the skin.  When first found I was told to apply clob 2 X's a week for a short period of time.  You might want to check it out.  Good luck.  No I don't know about using Estrace anywhere else.  It is absorbed by the sustem so I would guess it gets into the whole system. 

• Posted

Sounds a little much - using clob twice a day.  It could cause the redness. Perhaps a little less clob?  From twice a day to once a day and then every other day.  In between try emu oil, which has vit E.  Later use coconut oil and see how that goes. 

​I hope you soon start healing.

• Posted

Thank you. I wasn't aware the clobetisol caused the redness. What a disease this is. Ugh. Elizabeth

• Posted

Clobetasol thins the tissue, my doc recommended Vitamin E as it helps rebuild the tissues. I use olive oil or coconut oil to moisturize. I also use a Sitz bath daily with Borax and the saturated solution i discovered at the forum on here called "an experiment with Borax". Very helpful, encouraging and all my symptoms stopped as I used the Borax

Read every thread you can find, God bless !

• Posted

My gynecologist told me that estrogen would not work on the anal area as it is a different type of tissue.  I do find that it does work in the perimium - the area between the anus. 

I think that clob twice a day is too much. Of course if one is in the midst of a flare and twice a day is needed then go for it. 

As for reducing tearing due to straining, I find that drinking a lot of water as well as a diet high in brown rice and vegetables to be helpful. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.