Perianal abscess

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi Am Jamoss i in Rwanda   I had a perianal abscess and  i had 1 operation in july after operation  in two weeks i start felling better because i saw only remain of  a  scar  but only one week the scar start swelling i go back to the doctor and he told me the there is another absecess starting developing so its need another operation before fistula being created so i take another appointment of saturday means tommorrow for another operation plz help me or advise me what should i do, if i have to go there again or if there is another option. Thank u am waiting for ur quick response

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi again

The abscess may feel as if it is just on the outside of your b.u.m. but it can go quite deep inside you.

So when it heals over on the outside, it does not mean it is healed correctly on the inside. So this is why the abscess bursts again after a week or so because the infection is still there and the pus builds up again. That is why after the surgeon drains the abscess it is filled to stop it healing on the outside before the inside gets a chance to heal too.

So yes visit the surgeon, they know best what to do but hopefully these replies will help you to ask the questions you need to.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.