Perianal abscess after care with fissure and incontinece

Posted , 1 user is following.

Advice appreciated please

I had emergency excision and drainage of perianal abscess yesterday and am at home with packing in place .

I'm going to a minor injuries unit later ( as GP surgery shut for the weekend ) for the packing which is bloody to be changed .

I have an 8 month history of problems in this area . A chronic anal fissure was diagnosed under a general anaesthetic in December 2017 and treated with botox which left me incontinent.

Continence wasn't restored when the botox wore off and the fissure didn t heal either .

To make matters worse since the fissure started I have multiple bowel movements which are being controlled at the moment with a small 1mg dose of imodium daily . The imodium helps the urgency too and has enabled the fissure to largely heal .

It is now the least of my problems !

I am really concerned about keeping the whole area clean and would appreciate any advice based on experience .

Ordinarily I have 3 bowel movements a morning and use soft toilet roll with Dermol 500 on it to wipe myself

I then jump into the bath and use a jug to wash myself really thoroughly being careful to keep the anal tags clean .

How on earth do I manage all this with packing and a dressing in place ???.

Prior to this I was really fit and healthy. Unprocessed vegan diet , no alcohol or cigarettes and daily walks in excess of 6 miles .I am a 55 yr old female .

1 like, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.