Posted , 3 users are following.
My father had Perianal abscess drained through surgery about 2.5 months ago. His wound is stil leaking clear water with no foul smell. He has been in constant touch with the doctor. Recently, the doctor had put him on one week medication (antibiotic) which stopped the leaking and he was sitting on a ring cushion. But on his last visit to the doc, he advised to start sitting on all surfaces without the cushion and also stopped the medication. The wound has now again started leaking clear fluid, the doctor says it's fine and suggested do all the normal activities for a month or two. It's not fistula as per the doctor and he doesn't have any symptoms of fistula as well.
1. Since the wound is still discharging liquid therefore he's feeling very upset and wondering what should he do as the doctor has stopped the medication/sitz baths/ etc?
2. Also, when the liquid touches his body he feels inflammation like feeling even though there is no inflammation. What is this?
3. Can he use water to wash it everytime he changes the gauze?
4. Is the clear liquid dangerous?
5. When will the leaking stop?
6. Can he still sit on the ring cushion even though the doc advised not to? It pains a bit when he sits without it and liquid comes out.
Thanks in advance!
0 likes, 6 replies