Perianal Fistula - A stupid condition

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hey, I had a perianal abscess 8 years ago and it got very painful. I had to do an outpatient surgery to drain the abscess and I was packed with some stuff. I then did sitz baths for a month or so...then I had on and off some few drains.

For the last 3 years or so, I totally forgot those episodes, coz I thought it was completely healed.

When I hit the gym hard, I started feeling a pea sized lump near the anal area, then it pops and bleeds. But no pus though. I noticed this happens again and again only when I put pressure in the anal area like heavy shoulder press or so...or a cycling, or constipation.

This month, July 2019 the pea sized lump came after gym workout and popped with blood and leaves a cut like thing on the skin...

I met a colo rectal surgeon yesterday and she said this is a fistula and almost healed with a little portion left. She said she can easily fix it through OP surgery.

I was wondering, for a little area is there any other option other than surgery? I dont want to end up in aggravating a small problem either way. Suggestions please...

I saw few others in this form had the same experience like mine. So I wonder what they have done in this due course of time...

Appreciate your suggestion.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.