Pericarditis returned?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I was put in the hospital in June of 2016 for suspected pericarditis and I’m having similar pains now. Sharp sudden pains through the left side of the chest. Shortness of breath. Feels better if I lean forward. Dry cough sometimes as well.

I have autoimmune disorders such as arthritis and they suspect sjogrens. My inflammation levels are always very elevated along with my ANA levels.

I also have hypothyroidism that’s currently out of control because the medicine wasn’t adjusted. 

Could it be pericarditis again? Thanks for any help guys.

If it helps I was just in the ER two weeks ago with very similar chest pains. The only findings were the TSH and inflammation levels were high. CT of lungs were fine. And ekg only found slight abnormalities and my lower left chamber in my heart a little enlarged. Said everything was normal and sent me home. 

I’ll be seeing my new doctor on Tuesday and will ask him about this.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Tiffany75011,

If you have Sjogrens Syndrome,

The pain in both muscle and joints. The heart is a striated muscle but since the pain is considered leftsided then it could be intercostal muscles as well.

See the heart is located more center mass that's why many folk consider the pain at the onset to be heartburn and/or indigestion. When actually if the heart doesn't kill you on the spot then symptoms have a to tendency to escalate. Just saying. Also, it would be a good idea to learn more about your sjogrens. I provided an excellent link below.

I only wish you the Best and don't ever be afraid to ask.... Your doctors like the majority of doctors aren't perfect and don't have all the answers but if was heart related being in the Hospital, they education to the fullest and do so many test that you would be singing the freedom song leaving. Take care of you... Our families need us... Too.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/sjogrens-syndrome/symptoms-causes/syc-20353216

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.