Periferal Neuropathy

Posted , 6 users are following.

Just curious about others with this. Tingling, numb feeling in legs. Mine doesn't really burn yet. All kinds of blood work . Have to see a blood doctor soon for abnormal gama globulin infraction. I have been in the automotive collision repair for 35 plus years. Isocyanate exposure. Not sure yet if this is causing these issues. Was diagnosed with occupational asthma. Long time ago I use to donate blood. But had a marker show up once. Never knew why. Betting same thing now.

After reading all these reviews I'm fortunate enough not to have much pain yet. Allergic to pain meds. Hopefully soon figure something out.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Exposure to toxins can cause neuropathy.  Asthma may also have been triggered by these chemicals.

I get all these sensations too in both arms due to a fall and a blood test injury. I don’t get any burning, but the tingling, throbbing, numbness and stabbing pain is very annoying.  The most I was offered by my doctor was low dose antidepressants which I declined because I think there are  safer treatments available that are just as effective.

• Posted

I know I'm already tired of being poked, tested and all the nerve testing. Not to mention muscle testing with needles. Next appointment Jan 8 to give more blood I'm sure. I should have all new blood by now. This gama globulin infraction is the next test. After reserching peripheral neuropathy I'm convinced it's something we all learn to pope with.

• Posted

I think the best treatment for neuropathy is heat. I can forget about in the summer when I am Italy because the pain goes away. It’s the unpredictable British climate that sets it off.
  • Posted

I have to agree with heat. My feet are completely knumb I find massaging ankles to calves releif. The mention of all the tests I never had the poking and probing? I was just let go said nothing could be done for me.
  • Posted

I started with numbing and now I feel the burning in my feet and face. Toxins can definitely cause neuropathy. I've yet to get a diagnosis but I've been on Lyrica for the past month and it does help a lot. I hope in your case, it doesn't become painful. Good luck.

• Posted

Yeah no pain too much yet. Seems it is starting. I'm thinking this goes on alot with many. My blood pressure and cholesterol medicine may be side effects now. I'm starting to get bad leg cramps too!

• Posted

I have been suffering for 6 months now.  My pain is throughout my entire body.  3600/gabapentin and 60/cymbalta including a topical of gabapentin lidocaine and nsaid.  Doesn't help much.  Neurophy has changed my entire life.  I am 44 yrs old feeling like I have a body of a 70 yr old.  The only excerise I can do is water therapy. Stairs terrify me.  But apparently, my condition is not deemed "severe enough" to receive disability benefits.  Its absolutely ridiculous!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.