Perimenopausal depression and anxiety - Bioidentical hormones anyone?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, I am 49 and perimenopausal with anxiety and depression so I am not on minivelle estrogen patch.075 and lexapro. Not on progesterone as I have still have my period (22-26 day cycle so I am still shedding my lining naturally). I really want to get my horomones under control so I don't have to be on Lexapro. I have an appointment with a Naturopathic doctor on Friday.

Can anyone share their experience? Did anyone have depression/anxiety and hormones helped? What type of hormones do you take?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

i had a typo, i am on minivelle estrogen patch at .075.
  • Posted

Hi Erin I tried bio identical progesterone from about age 45-47 (I am  49 now).I found initially I felt great - less anxiety, more upbeat; and then after a while I started to get migraines mid and end of cycle, until I was getting about 9 a month. The more I used the cream, the more migraines I got. I weaned myself off it and use nothing now. I am no longer outgoing or cheerful and have become a bit reclusive, however I might get a migraine once every few months which is more manageable. However, from this forum, I have read posts from women who have been helped; and so you might as well give it a go. Best of luck x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.