Perimenopausal problems

Posted , 5 users are following.

My sister is in Menopause now.  I am 49 and at the perimenopause stage.  I have been having periods that were very heavy but now are simply spotting with blood clots due to fibroids.  My question is, has anyone experienced this lasting the whole month??   I am tired all the time.  Like a child I need my naps during the day. 

?I also have been having trouble sleeping.   My legs feel like the nerves are tingling but it also hurts.  Does anyone else have this problem?  I take an acetaminophen PM tablet and an acetaminophen 500 mg. tablet before bed and this used to get me through the night but lately I wake up half way through the night with this leg problem.  Is there a solution??

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lori, been through the same heavy and clotting periods end up with a small fibroid I since had it remove 4 years ago now.....the tingling I get also other people also I heard gets it....I ignore the tingling Anixety and hot flashes I don't like at all,I don't take nothing at the moment just bearing out,sometimes I feel scared for no reason....someone else will come on and give advise on this ok hugs xxx

• Posted

Hi Lori...maybe it is restless leg syndrome. Google ut...it is common in women our age evidently.

As far as the rest....i am 49 too and periods are regular but different every month. Just had a heavy clotty one and i feel really weak and anxious and teary. Last month it was painful but light and emotions were ok. Its like a rollercoaster.

• Posted

Me too, it looked like a massacre in the bathroom. However, now 35 days and founting , sore breadts, but no period. Also anger, i get mad at my husband for stupid reasons. Poor guy, i've killed him in my head many times.

• Posted

I know Mabel....i have in my head too. I get shocking irrational anger. Had a bad one today...had a panic attack at work. Feeling really yuck physically too...achy tummy tired etc. Thank god its Friday!!
    • Posted

HI, Mabel,  Like you I've also killed my husband off many times in my head too .  My anger usually centers around the week right before my period.  I've been trying to laugh instead of saying mean things.  Sometimes it works and sometimes...it doesn't.

I've been very emotional lately and cry at the lttlest of things The other night I caught myself crying over America's Got Talent and how wonderful, great, brave and gifted those people are.  And it's a fun show, not at all sad.

I think I'm going crazy too.  I leave things out on the counter, not even thinking to put them away, like milk, mayonaise, and ice cream.  And I was forgetful enough before this perimenopause  started.

• Posted

Lol....you arent alone there....I cried last night watching Americas Got Talent. I cry at the drop of a hat now....and I am not a crier. And I get irritated really easily....especially with my husband. smile

• Posted

I never knew about the " joys" of menopause. I sometimes really don't like myself, and other times I live myself. I'm beginnng to think I'm nuts!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.