Perimenopause??

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi - I suspect I'm perimenopausal but the Docs don't seem to listen - I am 46 feel anxious just before my period with night sweats and stomach upsets, then okay for a couple of days until about day 5 or 6 then get anxious again for a couple of days, then okay again until about day 12, 13 get anxious and the whole thing starts again - sometimes I feel quite happy but my body feels tense and anxious - what is going on??

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi debbie i had a doctor that told me to come back in 6months felt i was going mad so went to see another one had blood test told i was perimenopause i been one hrt for a month now and allso take complete b and floradix still get tierd and legs ache but not as bad still not good be for i am due on but hope the longer i take the tablets i will feel better x

hope you get sorted

good luck xx

paula x

• Posted

I have a lot of anxieties too. I also get tense and have bouts of anger, happiness, and depression. Its the hormone changes that us ladies go through. 
  • Posted

Hi Debbie it does sound like peri have to say I was never diagnosed as every blood test I had came back normal but have not had a period for 18 months so hopefully am at the other side.
  • Posted

Debbie, I've been feeling the exact same way over the past year or so and it is truly troubling.  My heart races, I'm full of anxiety and feel angry.  It's horrible.  It doesn't happen every day but I definitely go through ups and downs with it.  I tried progesterone cream for awhile and it seemed to help for awhile but it's now coming back with a vengence.  I too have tired legs, it's as if they can barely hold me up.  I exercise out 5-6 days a week so it's really minimizing the effectiveness of my workouts. The inability to give a 100% to exercise is causing depression, there are mornings that I don't want to get out of bed. I don't want to take pharmaceuticals, is there anyone out there doing something holistically to help eliminate or minimize symptoms.  HELP!  Feeling frigtened and very edgy in Nevada (USA).  
  • Posted

Hi there. I too found it very difficult to find a doctor who agreed that all my symptoms were linked to peri.  Most doctors just say hot flushes, insomnia, irregular periods and that's it.  But I've had digestive problems, IBS, clumsiness, heart palpitations plus many other symptoms listed on the 66 symptoms list which can be found on this forum.  Last year, I visited a gastroenterologist who agreed that digestive problems including IBS are linked to menopause because the hormones are located around the gut area and as hormone levels start to fall, our whole digestive system is disrupted.  It was such a relief to hear it from him. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.