perimenopause

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi..i didnt realise two years ago i was going through perimenopause..heavy periods..tiredness..then i broke my shoulder,had to have a second mammagram..didnt have a period for three months.Then started havin periods again..but the anxiety i have developed is so scary..When i had a period the anxiety used to be fine..and for two weeks.then it would come back..i am a strong person always organised.in control of everything.then my son went to uni and it was fine..thats when i broke my shoulder..off work for 8 weeks then it got worse.now on citalopram...hrt..but still anxious..ocd..any else been like this..now in process of moving..anxiety..anyone else felt this way..xx

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Charlotte

Firstly & most importantly, the most common factor I'm gleaning from all the wonderful women that have concerns us that anxiety is biggest all consuming issue for all of us!

I've had a few issues recently which have culminated into treatment for endometrial hyperplasia. I like you, prior to all the body changing experiences felt confident & in charge, now I feel very emotional at least once a day.

My main thing to say to you is you're not alone.

Hope you get sorted

Tc x

• Posted

Thank you so much for replying..you have brought tears to my eyes..im going back to docs tomorrow..another thing before all this i was never at docs...Thank you..x
    • Posted

I hope you get on ok? I'm suspecting you're a similar age to me. I'm 50😉

I don't suppose you know of anyone whose had coil to treat simple endometrial hyperplasia?

I hope you get on ok. My mum who is an amazing 87 year old fiery lady, assures me it is all very "normal"

You tc x

• Posted

Yes Charlotte, your story is like mine.  Never took a pill for anything but a headache.  Everything has changed, pills, doctors, emotions when I used to be so in charge and strong as well.  

Keep on keeping on, I'm told by women who have gone through this it will pass.  Get all the help you need.  Be good to yourself.  Ask for support. I'm taking something for anxiety as well and HRT for sleep and hot flashes.  When I can't sleep, which was never a problem before, I now take a pill for that.  I KNOW!!!  Not fair.

• Posted

No its no fair...i just hate the feeling of panic when i dont know why im panicking..if that makes sense...thank you for replying..xx
    • Posted

Hi jackie..hope you dont mind me asking but did the perimenopause affect you gradually and just got worse..xx
  • Posted

Hi Charlotte

im exactly the same never went near docs, then 1 1/2 years ago over night I was a anxious wreck, always at the docs or a&e, they ask why I might feel anxious and I haven't a clue, but I must admit this site does help lots, it does put your mind at ease knowing it's all the norm. I hope I get the strong positive person back that I used to be. I wish you luck xx

• Posted

Hi Sue...It was the same for me to..i woke up one morning and felt like id lost the plot..very scary.didnt know why i felt like it...xx
  • Posted

Charlotte

I am now in menopause and my anxiety is off the charts. In fact now I have high blood pressure and my weight is the same as before. Nothing has changed except from perimenopause to menopause the anxiety increased more and more. I tell people that originally it was like my period would be like a reset button for my anxiety and irritability. Now I dont have a reset button. I feel like im being wound up like a spring toy ...but no release button. Hopefully this ends soon. By the way, I dont sleep all the way through the night anymore. ANY sound or movement wakes me up every 2 hours. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.