Perimenopause

Posted , 7 users are following.

I am 43 and have suffered with anxiety for a long time but it is difficult now. I feel spaced out, what can I take to feel normal again?

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I've gotten this is does go away if that helps now I've been experiencing nausea and a burning feeling in my shoulder and arm it's a weird feeling not sure gonna have it checked out

• Posted

Hi Victoria

I as well suffer from anxiety and have suffered from depression.

It all began when my baby died and my marriage collapsed. This triggered off my peri and it hit the roof. Couldn't stop crying, shouting as my kids that were young then, not able to focus.

Peri can be made more difficult when having to deal

With anxiety or depression, it seems to grow out of proportion when peri and post. I went and looked for help. They put me on fluoxetine which I took for 10 yrs. stopped a few times but had to go back. Life is too stressful and it is not shameful to admit u need help. I stopped fluoxetine last year but in May had sciatica problems that ended up causing tummy aches due to the medication for the sciatica, which triggered off my anxiety big time. Doctor prescribed citalopram and it seems to be doing the trick.

Although my 2Yr partner just ended our relationship and I am due a hysteroscopy Friday and we were due to go to Israel Monday, i managed to control the anxiety. Citalopram is a good tablet and it may help u be able to deal with the anxiety and get more in control. Anxiety is horrible it eats u inside out. I hate feeling it causes panick attacks. We carry a lot on our shoulders we don't need this.

Take care

• Posted

I went to see a psychiatrist for the anxiety due to peri. I have been on clonazepam 0.5 mg. for two months nowbut I got immediate relief and I only have to take it as needed. It totally changed my life as far as the anxieties! I hope you find relief soon.
    • Posted

Was it hard going from daily to only when needed?. What was your dosage?
  • Posted

I too have suffered from anxiety that started in my early 40's with my peri I am now 9 years post meno and this last couple of months my anxiety has gone through the roof to the point that I have gone back on my meds for some relief. I feel for you it's not easy but you will get through it ...I hate taking anxiety meds but hubby made a good point saying it's all about quality of life and right now i am living in hell so what's one pill a day for my sanity for another year or so until everything completely calms down......hope you get some relief soon

• Posted

Spot on. Quality of life.

You don't only affect the ones around you but yourself as well.

• Posted

Hi thanks for you comment, I agree I am taking propanol and they are alright. if that is what it takes then I am happy to take them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.