Perimenopause

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi Everyone, I went to the Dr last week for my regular checkup. I skipped a couple cycles in march and april however pretty regular since , also have been having some night sweats and hot flushes.  The dr checked my FSH and it was only at 6 something. my joints have been hurtin and I hae been extremely tires. I also have lost 6 lbs since the visit in August. I am really not one to lose weight.. could this be all perimenopause even the FSh does not show it. The dr did not check any other levels. im concerned it may be something else. I do have a regular check up on 10.20 to have additional blood work

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sheila. I lose weight. The extreme fatigue comes and goes. I have night sweats, but not the hot flashes yet. Haven't missed any periods but just had the first really late one by 12 days. And none of my labs showed Perimenopause. Although when I put them on here I did get one response of one being very low at that point in my cycle. It's frustrating. I still think it's all peri related.

• Posted

It's frustrating to me that my gyno only pulled the fsh # I thought you needed all hormones pulied to see what is happening but she said they were of no value. But did say my symptoms could be perimenopausal and my labs just hadn't caught up. Everything I read states they flucuate so much it is hard to get an accurate reading.. I am not one to lose weight so for me to lose 5 lbs in 1 week was a socket however I was having night sweats everynight. I hadon't one last night and dtopped a lb

• Posted

i have been losing weight too and i am already underweight with hard time keeping weight on so not good sad i never have an appetite and feel nauseous a lot. prob combo peri/ stress / anxiety. i hate it. the 1 side effect i did want, weight gain is only one i dont have! i also notice i feel so sick and puke in am after i wake up so hot. i read today its normal to feel nauseous after hot flash and then can follow chills which explains why i was so cold yesterday morning after i felt so sick sad i am going to dietitian/nuropath next week who helps plan diet/supplements for hormonal/ibs/gerd/underweight. i hope she can help!

• Posted

i have been losing weight too and i am already underweight with hard time keeping weight on so not good sad i never have an appetite and feel nauseous a lot. prob combo peri/ stress / anxiety. i hate it. the 1 side effect i did want, weight gain is only one i dont have! i also notice i feel so sick and puke in am after i wake up so hot. i read today its normal to feel nauseous after hot flash and then can follow chills which explains why i was so cold yesterday morning after i felt so sick sad i am going to dietitian/nuropath next week who helps plan diet/supplements for hormonal/ibs/gerd/underweight. i hope she can help!

• Posted

I know I think my Drs think I'm crazy but when you try to lose weight for 8 years and can't then all of the sudden you lose weight like that... it's pretty scary when you don't know what's going on. The Dr put me on anxety medicine but some days it doesn't seem to help.

• Posted

hi sheila.  it is normal to miss a few cycles and then have months of regular cycles.  this happened to me.  If you are having regular cycles at the moment then your FSH seems ok, it just depends on what time of the month you had it taken.  Sounds like you are perimenopausal.  Hormones are up and down every day during this so bloods don't really show this and as you know, doctors only go by what is on paper.  You know yourself how you feel and you know your own body best.  

• Posted

I was just thinking yesterday how when I was taking meds for anxiety it only made me feel relaxed and helped me sleep, but it did not change my thoughts. So why bother. I feel just generally depressed with negative/sad/hopeless thoughts. I take anti depressants and go to cbt. Sorry for my pity party. Lol.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.