Perimenopause

Posted , 4 users are following.

Just had blood work for estradiol. Can somebody explain the levels. My reading was a 55.4. I know the range for pre-menopausal is 30 to 400. Since mine is 55.4 am i nearing menopause since its on the lower end of the range. For menopause the range is 0 - 30.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Carmen,

What you need to keep in mind is that these lab values are just a snapshot in time.  And it depends on the day in the cycle when they were taken.   50pg/ml is very normal for day 1 or 2 of the cycle in a normal healthy woman.  And if you've ever seem a chart of hormones in perimeno, you'd see that they bounce wildly.  

Like all women you will reach meopause, but sometimes this lab work isn't much help in perimenopause.  

If you are having regular periods, then throughout your cycle your body is still producing enough to create a thivkened uterine lining.   This can go on for many years as your body adjusts to less and less estrogen.  There really is no way of telling how soon you will hit meno from this one lab.    

• Posted

Ok so I was answering, when you posted again. Apparently it was your FSH that was 55.4.  And yes this indicates menopause levels.  Your brain is pushing off more and more FSH to attempt to get your ovaries to respond to the message.  Your brain is asking for more estrogen.  For all woman their FSH rises in menopause.  
    • Posted

I'm sorry here are the correct number FSH was 5.3, Luteinizing hormone 3.9 and estradiol was 55.6. I know it can fluctuate. I haven't had a period since july 31st. I had a year and 2 months from hell. I've been to the er over 20 times. Several tests and bloodwork. 66 symptoms of perimenopause and I've had 46 of them. I've been feeling a little better so I'm trying to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I appreciate your help.

• Posted

obviously you have been heavily into perimenopause.  Since you are skippng periods that says that your ovaries are not producing sufficient etradiol to keep things regular with your cyles.  

In my case, I started having aperiod once every two, then three, and finally, once every six months.  It was a slow progression into menopause.  And then they finally stopped.  Your FSH is still low, so this could go on for awhile.  Sorry you're feeling so bad.  None of this is easy while our bodies adjust to the new lows.   

• Posted

Yes i use to be on track with a couple of girls i work with. Then i got off track. My friend said you should start tracking so i had one june 7 then july 31st and haven't had one since. So that was my 1st indication. Because nobody was telling me anything. My primary dr didn't even know. Who would've thought you go through all of these symptoms. I have been doing this naturally. I don't want to do hrt.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.