Perimenopause

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi everyone,

i apologize if if this comes off as ignorant or rambling but it's from lack of sleep.I would like some clarification on what I am going through.  I am 46years old and since June had been having burning pain in what I thought was my urethra. It wasn't. I  never had a UTI in my life so questioned if it was exactly that.  Anyway I was prescribed Bactrim and the pain went away. But  I noticed the odd sensation came back.  Went to a urologist and he did an ultrasound an cystoscope and a urinalysis. All came back normal.  So they sent me to my gynecologist.  My symptoms were sweating heavily, my periods are every 17 days, and my vaginal area feels numb at times with pressure and heaviness.  Did a pelvic exam and no prolapse etc. they are sending me for a transvaginal ultrasound to rule out anything else.  I know this is hormones and part of the change BUT what can I take to relieve this vaginal pain.  They won't prescribe me any hormone treatment because my mother died when she was 35 from breast cancer.  Is there anything I can do? I am raising my 9 year old son alone, after my divorce, and can't function due to lack of sleep.

thank you for any advice.

3 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Tara

It sounds like you are aready on top of your care by going to the obgyn and even the urologist!

For certain you are transtioning into menopause via Peri  smile  

As for the numbness and heaviness and pressure its s(q 17 days)The whole body gets tired you know?

The Bactrim helped so that was probably incidental minor uti, but this heaviness seems like it needs to run its course. 

Could you possibly do an ice pac 10 min at a stretch. and possiby that would relieve the pressure and heaviness.

I would elevate legs as much as possible too, maybe do both.

Sleep is paramount as it is the most restorative thing we can do for our bodies PERIOD. Whatever ya gotta do, make sure you sleep and everything will begin to repair.

Hope you are better, keep us posted. i know how you feel.

Kauaiblue

• Posted

Thank you again.  Everyone responding has lifted my spirits.  It's not fun and at times I feel very alone without any other family.  I am trying to stay very positive and for the most part know I am blessed. I have always been proactive about any odd feelings health wise, since my mother died so young and my father died ten years after her. Therefore I knew something was happening but just wasn't sure. I realize my issues pale in comparison to many of the other posters here but again am grateful for the kind and speedy response from all of you.

• Posted

I personally would bipass what docs say about not doing some sort of estrogen appication seriously..

you know your body best. Even if you can treat with OTC estrogen cream, its not going to hurt. definitely consider it..just get some and try it.

• Posted

I really feel for you that have had this vaginal pain, im 49 and have recently been told my hormone levels were depleated, after many years begging the doctor to do this test, i never had this in particular, but did have sweats, i will not call them night sweats as they could be alday 365 days a year. I hope they sort this out for you as soon as they can.

​take care carol

• Posted

Hi tara, I am going through something similar.  It's driving me crazy.  I am glad to see you have some answers. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.