Perimenopause

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello Im new to this forum my name is Kellie, 47 years old and think Ive started the Perimenopause, had Palpitations, indigestion problems, had full blood count test and ecg all ok. Palpitations have eased but now feeling nauseous and slight headaches, are there tests for Perimenopause? Thank you

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kelly yes there is a blood test for menapause, I had it done last year, cause for quite a few years I had hot flashes and dizziness, stomach problems and all the over symptoms that come with it. It showed up that I was in menapause xx
  • Posted

i had blood tests done last year after years of terrible periods having none for months then having them every few days!! my blood test revealed my hormone levels were high so my gp said i wouldn't get another period and then 8 months later i got a period!! i've had pains in some of my joints not sure if it's related.

• Posted

Hi  im 49 started about 2 years ago wth horrible symptoms... last year my gynae  did blood tests which confirmed peri menopause.... i kept a diary and could see how i felt during my cycle.... anxiety was really bad,insomnia  itchy skin, dry eyes, pressure on chest list goes on..... she gave me a natural  product with evening primrose oil, vit B, Vit E, zink and magnesium and also a calcium pill which has Vit D ,magnesium ,K2 it has really helped me using these products.... she said when this doesnt help anymore she give a antidepressants which helps with meno symptoms.... and only then hrt.....
    • Posted

Hi Michelle I went onto hrt conti patches last year and they have really helped me. Hoping to come off them in next couple of monthes cause only wanted to be on them a year xx
  • Posted

Omg! I've had the same symptoms too. Had every test run, CT, stress test, echocardiogram and a bunch of EKGs. Everything normal. I have an appt next week with a GYN as the ER doctor was the one that suggested it was peri. I've been telling my GP for years that I've been in peri because of my symptoms...but he (of course it's a he) keeps saying no.  So finally I set my own appt with a GYN.

All these symptoms increase my blood pressure which isn't good.

Hope I find relief soon.

• Posted

Keljel,

There is a gold standard test for menopause, Its testing the FSH (follicle stimulating hormone, which comes from your brain and tells your ovaries to produce estrogen)  FSH rises in menopause, and combined with absent periods and low estradiol levels is considered confirming.  

The problem with perimenopause is that often the labs don't reflect what a women is feeling.  If you do decide to ask for an FSH test, do it on the first few days of your cycle.  The FSH is usually higher early in the cycle. You may have a better chance of getting some information if you do the test on day two or three of your period.  

Hope this helps.

• Posted

Hi I'm new to forum. I'm in peri menopause feel awful ache all over, feel sick and fussy in head. On evorel patches. Not sure if these making me worse.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.