Perimenopause , alternative treatment

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi ladies 

Has anyone tried the lady care magnet? At my wits end with this peri menopause want to try this ... 

💕

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Clare, I'm wearing one as we speak. I started using it from Saturday,so early days but already I'm feeling better in myself more positive and I slept well, last night.

I know from other I've spoken to who use it you have to make sure you drink loads of water else you end up with a headache. You also need to wear it at night too. I didn't Sat but did last night, so who knows, even if it's giving me a placebo effect I don't care as long as it works.

Good luck anything is worth it...

Mel xx

• Posted

Hi Mel 

Definitely going to buy this. I can’t cope with all these symptoms and it all seems worse at night . It’s the anxiet,  heart palpitations and detached feeling I hate . 

💕

• Posted

I agree, night time is my worst time too. I do have moments when I'm on my own during the day but I can talk myself out of the anxiety attack. I hate the can't be bothered feeling. We will get through it though. I'll let you know how mine goes too.

Take care.

Mel xx

• Posted

Hi Claire yep I wear one 24/7. My mum bought it for me several months ago and I kept it in a drawer for a while as I just didn’t think it would do anything. BUT when I hit a mega low emotionally one week I thought “what the hell” and I put it on.

Within a day or so I felt a lot more positive, less achy and just more like the “old me”.  I can’t explain why or how but for me it works so that’s all I worry about. Sure it’s not going to solve everything but relief from at least one or two of Peri/memo symptoms means it’s a winner for me.

One thing though is that I find it can be visible as a little bump through tighter fitting clothes (say a smooth Lycra skirt for example) but I just put it lower down on such occasions.

I agree that more water should be drunk when wearing it which naturally helps sleep and,again, more sleep means more rest and you’ll feel better too.

I’d say give it a go hun as what is there to lose? If it works for you that’s great!

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Lou xx 

• Posted

Hi Louise 

Yip nothing to lose except all these awful symptoms, going to order one this minute . Will keep you posted . 

💕

• Posted

Hi Claire yep I wear one 24/7. My mum bought it for me several months ago and I kept it in a drawer for a while as I just didn’t think it would do anything. BUT when I hit a mega low emotionally one week I thought “what the hell” and I put it on.

Within a day or so I felt a lot more positive, less achy and just more like the “old me”.  I can’t explain why or how but for me it works so that’s all I worry about. Sure it’s not going to solve everything but relief from at least one or two of Peri/memo symptoms means it’s a winner for me.

One thing though is that I find it can be visible as a little bump through tighter fitting clothes (say a smooth Lycra skirt for example) but I just put it lower down on such occasions.

I agree that more water should be drunk when wearing it which naturally helps sleep and,again, more sleep means more rest and you’ll feel better too.

I’d say give it a go hun as what is there to lose? If it works for you that’s great!

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Lou xx 

• Edited

I am 5 years in to menopause - i wonder if it is worth a try at this stage.  I still get flushes etc.  
    • Posted

Hi Yellow - I am about 6 years into Menopause & in the last 3 years my symptoms have really ramped up & this year being the worst!  I had all the typical symptoms in peri like bloat, flooding, insomnia, fatigue etc. but now I have every symptom imaginable and it has almost rendered me incapacitated.  I wake up everyday wondering what new symptom am I going to have today?  I am desperate, but feel like I am too far along or old to even go on anything like bio identical etc....just fantasizing about maybe I am on the tail end of this menopause ride or perhaps this is how I will feel the rest of my life - UGH! Don’t know what to do - 

• Posted

Hi Deb, so sorry that you are struggling.  I have toughed it out without HRT, except cream for vaginal dryness.  I did try bio identical once but wow it made me instantly feel sick and I mean real pit of the stomach nausea so I gave that up.  On the whole I do feel better than I have but well always looking for the magic something that will help.

Like you I wonder if it is too late for me to try the lady magnet?

I guess you’ve done the B vitamins and magnesium to help with your systems.  Humble vit C too can help,

I wish you well and hope you will feel better soon.

• Edited

Hi Yellow - Thank you for responding - my main hesitation with the bio’s & any HRT has always been that when you go off of them, your symptoms tend to return - also, I am so sensitive to medication, I could never even tolerate very low dosage birth control pills so I too question if I could tolerate any kind of HRT.  I think I have a boatload of other things going on like adrenal fatigue, a bit of elevated blood sugar & blood pressure, being overweight etc. I take all the prescribed vitamins, B’s, D, E, C magnesium, maca & even have tried Chinese herbs to curb anxiety & I still feel like an alien has taken over my body & mind - I think I am going to resort to Voodoo or an exorcism, cuz healthy living isn’t cutting it! hah! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.