Perimenopause and breast pain.

Posted , 8 users are following.

Good day ladies.

I've discovered a small lump in my left breast on Monday, it's painful and tender, I went to see my doctor Wednesday , he did an ultrasound but could not figure out what it is. He's sent me for a mammogram. I'm Waiting for appointment.

Last week my breast was very tender, then I felt the lump. I'm in perimenopause, had my periods yesterday and the lump seems to have gone smaller and ow it's very mild breast pain. Not sure if it's a menopause problem as I have too many to list. But I'm scared it's something serious in my breast. I've been having breast pain since 2016 when I started peri. But never felt a lump before or I may have missed it when checking my breast.

Any support would be much appreciated.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Edited

I also have right breast pain and a lump was discovered on my mammogram, then the ultrasound and all came back fine. Mine was a cyst. So try not to worry, it is common for women to get cysts in their breast when they are hormonal. I know the worry you are feeling...but try and do something to take your mind of from the waiting. your in my prayers

• Posted

Thanks for all the kind support. Awaiting the mammogram appointment, however the lump has gone down alot. Very mild pain. Hopefully it's nothing.

• Posted

It's gone down so that is good!! And ultrasound is good! : ) I remember someone telling me not to do a mammogram around my periods and perhaps this is why-- more lumpy at this time.. Let us know what happens.

• Edited

I had the exact same thing and I was freaking out. I went to my doctor and she felt it and said it felt like a cyst. She had me go for a mammogram and thats exactly what it was. It was pretty large and hurt when you pushed on it, and I kept feeling it because I was so scared. Most lumps are nothing and especially around perimenopause they come out i guess you would say. Mine was there for the longest time and has gone but the last 3 months I had such pain in my one breast...I was scared again...but then the next month both my breasts were so painful and I just knew it's hormones again....It sucks because every month you just never know...you think I am good now..and then Bam...another pain or ailment. Thank God for this site and you ladies. I hope I helped you!! Hugs to you!!

• Posted

Thanks so much for the support , it's a relief to know I'm not alone, the lump has gone down to a tiny size now, since this morning I get itchy breast. Omg.. Its one thing after another. I've read its the hormones that make the skin itchy.. Oh no..

• Edited

Ive had lumps twice now and exactly how you describe yours, both times mine were cysts thank goodness so yes its defo hormones. The last time I had mine I had about 3 cysts but theyve all gone down now, I get painful breasts quite frequently now on and off with this peri, not just a week b4 my period. At least we can all be a little bit more reassured on this forum and not always thinking its something awful all the time.

• Posted

We always think the worst when it comes to breast lumps. Plus with the perimenopause anxiety. It does make it worse. Honestly I just don't know when these symptoms will stop.

Fortunately we have this forum to support one another. Facing this situation alone is too much. Even my family and friends don't understand why I feel this way...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.