Perimenopause and estroven

Posted , 6 users are following.

Has anyone on here tried otc estroven for peri symptoms, and if so, did it help? I'm looking at options for my symptoms. I have anxiety- which I'm now taking Zoloft for- hot night sweats -all the time, insomnia, mood swings, etc. 

Let me know if anyone has tried them and what the result was. Thanks again ladies 

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Yes, Dawn I took it for 3 months, it was a waste of money.  Of course, every body is different but for the symptoms you describe which I had, it didn't work.  I got better results taking Don Quai, & Sage. Later on I took Maca & a pill called Hot Flash. These worked for a short time, until I went all out emotional with bouts of crying at just saying "bye" to someone that nothing truly helped until I went to my doctor who prescribed a low dose birth control pill. Hope you find relief soon.

• Posted

I actually went to my ob gyn today to discuss my issues and options and she mentioned the low dose pill. Does it help you?
    • Posted

Yes, it was the best thing I ever took. However, not every low dose pill works. I tried 2 different ones until the last one( 3rd one ) finally worked. It doesn't take long to feel the effects either, usually within 2-3 weeks. I stopped it after a year, and that was a huge mistake because all my symptoms came back with 100% fold vengeance. When I tried to go back on it, it had stopped working. But soon enough my doctor kept finding ways to keep me stable with other medicines that are also used for other medical conditions. Whatever you do, if you decide to go with the low dose bcp, don't stop taking it until you're doctor tells you to. Hope this helps. 

• Posted

Hi. I was wondering what BC you are on and if it has been helping you. I have been on Lo Loleztrin since Dec and it has made a big difference. I still have issues but most times they aren't as severe as they were. I was thinking about changing to another pill to see if it would help more. Thanks

• Posted

Amy, I think it was Levonorgestrel.  Also, called the morning after pill, it was the only one that worked for me. 

Yes, I would say try a different one to see if it helps more than the one you're taking now. If your hormones start feeling like they're all over place immediately stop it, wait about 2 weeks to get that one out of your system then start a new one. This is how my doctor instructed me to start a new pill.

May I ask how long have you been on this one?  

• Posted

Ok thank you so much. I'm gonna definitely look into it. 

• Posted

I've been on it since beginning of December. It took a few months to really start working. I still get sadness and crying here and there during the month but its so much better than it was before the pill. I don't think that one pill is going to make everything normal but I figured maybe another pill might take a little more symptoms away. I hope that makes sense. Thanks for The help. Hugs.

• Posted

Amy, the reason my doctor prescribed it was because of the emotional bouts of crying. So, definitely, I would say that if this is still the issues then try a different pill. Give it a few weeks for it to kick in, I felt the effects of the pill working rather quickly within 2-3 weeks.  Yet, you will need to let the last pill come out of your system for at least weeks before starting a new one. Hugs. 
    • Posted

Thanks so much. I think I'm def going to try another pill and see what happens. I can also go back to the one I'm one if the new doesn't work etc since I know how i am on the pill I'm on. Thanks. Hugs hugs hugs.

• Posted

Hi dawn0904

i am getting ready to go buy Estroven at Costco. I have a friend who took it during Menopause, she said it really helped. Worth a try for sure.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.