Perimenopause and fatigue/weakness

Posted , 9 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity.

This past month I've been experiencing really bad fatigue and weakness.

It's actually been quite debilitating as affecting my day to day life.

I can't walk for too long or stand without feeling fuzzyheaded and unsteady. Pretty scary feeling.

Is this normal for perimenopause? Has anyone else experienced it?

Am at my wits end as am normally so active.

Any advice will be greatly received

Thank you x

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

You're not alone I also get the same feeling and it s frustrating

• Posted

Hi Betty.. it is very frustrating. Is there anything you do that you find helps?

It can be so so difficult at times.

I ventured into town this morning with my girl and mum and felt very unsteady walking. Felt like I was going to fall over and felt like I needed support. My head was really fuzzy and just couldn't speak or interact properly.

• Posted

Same to me i dont leave my house much and I fear taking medication due to my anxiety the only thing I have is praying and reminding myself it's the hormones and I'll be fine with time I've managed to live with it some days are better than others hang in there remember it's hormones

• Posted

Hi Dora! I was feeling that way, fuzziness around my head. Just wanted to lay down. I started Wellbutrin which is a type of antidepressant that has given me so much energy I lost.  I really haven’t felt that way since I started it at least 15 years ago. I’m 57 and It started before menopause.  Talk to it’s your doc! 

Be well!

• Edited

I very rarely have the fuzzy had but the FATIGUE and WEAKNESS are absolutely depressing. But I try not to take antidepressants.
    • Edited

Hi... yes, I totally agree with not taking antidepressants, as that for me isn't the problem and not sure how they would help situation.

It's almost as if a boost of something is needed..

• Posted

Although the antidepressant works for me for fatigue, HRT has changed my life for almost all my menapause issues. Nauseous, headache, and debilitating bloat. So I suppose it would help the fatigue as well. 
  • Posted

Same with me!  It feels like I have bad motion sickness... actually feel like I need to hold on to things when I walk 😔     And bad fatigue and weakness... this is all so depressing ... it feels like someone is taking a tube and sucking out every bit of energy I have 

• Edited

Yes, I was diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome by my stupid Dr....it basically means you are tired and we don't know why.  I came with achy joints and so so tired all the time.  Tired but couldn't sleep at all!  They even mentioned fibro.  Seriously.   I felt disabled.  It wasn't till later I demanded hormone testing that I was late in peri- almost in menopause.  Only thing that has helped is bio-identical hormone replacement.  

• Edited

Hi Casey.. thanks for reply.

I've had my hormone levels checked a few times but they keep coming back normal.

Had peri symptoms for about a year and a half now. Started off with a phantom period 2 weeks after my last and since I've been having irregular periods and a whole host of other symptoms . I could literally scream sometimes.

I have days when I can't even speak at times, it's an odd feeling.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.