Perimenopause and flat feeling

Posted , 7 users are following.

I'm currently experiencing a feeling of flatness. I just can't seem to get excited or enthusiastic about things that I once did.. I hate this feeling.

I feel nothing sometimes, expressionless. I can't speak or do anything. It makes me just want to sit there and be zoned out.. Is this a normal perimenopause symptom??

I've never been like this. It's frightening..

6 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

oh yes.  it comes and goes.   ill still have happy days  or weeks wondering why i felt so bad just days before and just get along w life then boom  its back.  i learned to ne patient and loving to yourself.  we are going thru a challenging time.  key word “going through” smile  
  • Posted

Yes - I too go through periods of feeling like this. Sometimes it's days - it's even lasted a couple of weeks. But it does lift and I feel like me again. I am not saying it's easy to go through because it's actually quite heartbreaking - but I try so hard to keep the age old mantra in my head "this too shall pass".

• Posted

Yes, the apathy, flatness, just not wanting to do anything... that’s one of my biggest problems.  It tends to hit me on weekends after roughing out the work week.  I used to love getting things done on weekends and enjoying that time.
  • Posted

I've been like this all day, it's as though I have been hypnotised! I couldn't enjoy my chilled Sunday, instead I watched TV not really taking an interest or sitting outside with my head in my hands. Its such an awful feeling. I hope you dine suffer with it too much.

Ashley 

Xx

• Posted

I do get it and feel I can't even talk when going through it. It's a weird feeling. Doesn't make me feel particularly down just flat.

• Posted

You're right, its definitely feeling flat. Its horrendous x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.