Perimenopause and Gallbladder Issues

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all.  I know I have posted about my gallbladder bothering me before.  Has anyone who went through this found that it got better after meno, or after getting hormones back in check with hormone replacement?  Or did you just end up getting it removed?  Thanks

1 like, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi 2chr2015, i get gallbladder pain, i say pain mine is an ache right under my right ribs. I too get bloating, belching and sometimes acid(not often re acid). This comes and goes for me but, i have had 2 episodes this month. I have been very anxious this month because of this pain , i have now  also changed my diet so eating 5 fruit and veg every day whereas, before i was lucky to have one. I was going to go to the GP re this but they will  just say it is anxiety. Have you got gall stones? i have got 2. I was anxious because i googled and saw the pain under my ribs was associated with the liver and thought i had damaged my liver in some way. I had a blood test 10 months ago have high cholesterol and high triglyceride levels these cause scarring on your liver and i have not really done anything to reduce these until the last few weeks hence changing my diet. I don't really want my gall bladder removed so will try and be kind to myself. Most gall bladder stones are caused by cholesterol. One of my friends had hers removed due to blockage of a gall stone and she has had the  same bloating  and belching problems after, she also has nerve pain in the area caused by damage from the surgery (not good). xx

• Posted

Hi Amanda.  Everything you just said sounds all very familiar.  I had sludge and some gravel stones about 2 years ago.  Last US showed nothing.  She said I could get a ct if I wanted but I had stopped hurting by then and decided not too.  But my cholesterol was borderline high last time too!!  I was so freaked out bc my cholesterol has always been excellent.  There must be a connection. I also read that most gallstones are cholesterol stones.  In my reasearch I have also read that this is common in peri and meno and our hormones also effect our cholesterol.  I can’t remember the reason behind that.  I am on the gallbladder forum also and I have read good and bad stories after removal.  I guess it’s just a gamble.  But, if the pain is too severe or it gets infected I won’t have a choice.  I was hoping someone would say that after meno it gets better.  When you are having an episode does your face ever get hot?  Almost like a hot flash? Or like a fever.  But then it goes away after a couple of days.

• Posted

Hi 2chr2015, i do not experience any redness to my face or fever when i get my achy pain, and it is never horrible pain just a dull ache, TBH it feels a little like when i was pregnant and my babies head was under my ribs (strange but  best way to describe it). I have also read about hormones causing increased cholesterol and i too do not know why? xx
    • Posted

Hi Amanda.  I am waiting to get my cholesterol results back from Tuesday.😳

Nothing ever reads on the thermometer.  I just feel like it...or I may have had a low grade one time.  But I keep telling myself if it was an infection, it wouldn’t get better.

• Posted

Hi 2Chr2015, you will have to let me know what your cholesterol result is, mine was 7.8. I have been trying to eat better more fruit and veg i am a little frightened to go back and get it re checked, i should have gone back in Sept last year. I have been having aches under my right ribs again this afternoon and also left back, its not bad but, bothers me sad .
    • Posted

Hi Amanda.  I almost rescheduled!  I should get results next week.  That’s how mine is...just annoying most of the time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.