Perimenopause and Hashimotos??

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was diagnosed with Hashimotos almost three weeks ago and am having crazy symptoms. To top it all off I think I have entered the lovely land of perimenopause. Can anyone advise me on the symptoms??

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

A lot of the symptoms are the same for everything. Are you now on synthroid? If so, you should start feeling better if your symptoms are from thyroid. 
    • Posted

Yes, I'm taking Levothyroxine. The problem is since I haveTPO antibodies I am swinging from hyper to hypo and it's making me insane LOL

• Posted

Oh man, that's awful. So you probably have to keep getting your levels checked then? Super annoying.

• Posted

Sooooo many symptoms. If you take a few hours and read through as much of this forum as you can, you'll learn A LOT.

I don't know what I'd do without this place lol

I do wonder sometimes if I have a thyroid issue, but don't have insurance so I don't know :-( 

I haven't gained weight though- I've actually lost.

Most of my symptoms are headaches, anxiety, heart palpitations, weird "heavy head" feelings or random pains in random places that last a second and then go away lol

It's a crazy time! 

• Posted

I've never had weight gain with hypothyroidism. I've always been pretty skinny. A dermatologist found a goiter on my neck when I was a teenager. That's how I found out.

• Posted

Oh wow really? 

It runs in my family, I know that much, and usually around my age they're diagnosed (46-50) 

I've also read a ton of stuff about thyroid issues being controlled by food and naturally? No idea about that- but I'm all for the natural route when it works .

• Posted

I went on a natural thyroid that the hormone doc recommended and my thyroid went haywire. 

You should just pay for the blood test if you have a familial thing going on. 

• Posted

Yeah, I definitely wouldn't take any natural specific pills for it, I'm too paranoid lol.  "Peri-noid"

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.