perimenopause and HBP

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone

i have been on bp meds for two years, since started perimenopause, my BP was about 160/90 on my gloomy days, then it will drop to normal for most days, nowadays my BP is mostly in the range of 117/70 on most days, at times it drop to 95/65, i was taking losartan 50 mg morning than 25 mg late afternoon as my bp use to rise in the evening, however i have cut my dosage to 25mg each morning and 25 mg evening. im not sure if my bp rises because of going thru menopause or if its a normal condition as we age?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I've been going through the same issue. In fact, peri was diagnosed until i researched it further and after many heart tests. I'm on Lisinopril now for 1year. My BP rises during my cycle...a few days before and a few days after. The rest of the month it's below 120/80. I'm hoping that these spikes will go away after we are fully through menopause. Until then, i think we are stuck with them. It's definitely my new normal.

Glad to know i'm not alone.

• Posted

Hi Theresa

happy to know im not alone with this issue, i still get periods and during those times my bp rises for a few days then it settles, i have to monitor and keep a journal of all my symptoms, been doing this for two years now. i also check my bp a few times a week to monitor as i have an omron bp checker.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.