Perimenopause and libido

Posted , 7 users are following.

Sorry for the private nature of my question, but I was wondering if you have noticed any specific days of the month with increased sex drive?

​Since I am going through this perimenopause hormonal hell,  my sex drive is almost non existent  but I have noticed that the 4 day of my cycle and 2 days before my period starts, there are the only times of the month that I am having sex drive...only 2 days during the whole month! Other times I am or depressed or full with painful symptoms...

​Thank u in advance

3 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hey Evi, can say I really don't have a sex drive. Just not interested.I usually don't think about it and have no energy. I am 50 and have been with my husband for thirty years. I am still attracted to my husband and I have told him that. I am lucky he is very understanding.

• Posted

Ditto to everything you said, Michelle...

And the pains no fun, either!! 

• Posted

The paradox with me is that I am very young for this transition....I will be 32 years old in a few weeks. 

​Hormones have already destroyed my life and my relationships...My last relationship ended because of my irrational mood swings. 

​And for the last 2 years I have severe estrogen deficiency symptoms both physical and emotional.

​I am young and I think I am still attractive but no healthy at all.

​I am not interested for men most of the time. 

​Lately, I have met a very handsome guy who is flirting me but I keep him away because I am ashamed of my condition. I would like to feel alive again...It is like a curse in my case.

​I firmly believe that I need HRT. To be honest, this option is my last hope...

ps I believe that before my period and on my period I have LH surge which may explain my sex motive increase. I can feel ovulation earlier than 15 day... around 7 to 10 day of my cycle

• Posted

Have you tried birth control pills?
  • Posted

Hi there evi, I am exactly the same! Just before my bleed is due, I am well into having sex, but the rest of the month I have absolutely no interest at all. I think its down to hormonal peaks and troughs. I think it's quite normal for this process, so don't worry, you are not alone in this either. XXX

• Posted

I’ve always had peaks at certain times, even when not in peri. Although who knows? I hear peri starts early and I had wicked night sweats starting in my 30s. 
  • Posted

I’m post menopausal now at 54.  My libido is non-existent.  When I was getting my period, I always had the most libido during ovulation.  I think nature made us this way in order to produce.  So yes, it’s definitely hormonal.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.