Perimenopause and low blood pressure

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello ladies

I've had high BP since starting perimenopause 3years ago. I'm 53, skipping periods, getting one every 6months now.. I was on BP meds. However 3 weeks ago my BP started to get quite low after taking my meds. 99/68, doctors advise me to stop the meds but check my BP everyday, which is around 113/73 but not more than 122/80 without any bp meds. I'm wondering why my BP has changed, from high to normal readings , its confusing, as I don't know if it will shoot up again at some point. I don't know if it's hormones related BP spike. Any one has experience this problem?

Thanks.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

i do this its up a d down ive decreased and increased since this stage of life im always checking it for this reason

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.