Perimenopause and the depo shot

Posted , 8 users are following.

I'm new to the forum and have a question I'm hoping someone else can relate. I've been on the depo provera shot for years and started having bad anxiety flare up after my last shot and found out that I am in perimenopause stages and have been for a few years and would like to know if I should stop getting the shot? I don't know how I will know when I hit menopause if I'm on the shot as it causes me to have no period. I don't want to cause me more anxiety if I stop the shot but since it's the underlying cause of my anxiety I would like to know someone else's thoughts?? Anyone know what I should do? This anxiety is too much. 

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Dawn 

I would love to know how things went for you after stopping the Depo. I too have been on it for a very long time, am 46 yo and sounds like I had the same exact issue. I thought I was having a heart attack and went to the ER. I am so afraid, this is awful. I can’t function and go to work like this. Any advice or input is grately appreciated.

• Posted

Hi Dawn 

I would love to know how things went for you after stopping the Depo. I too have been on it for a very long time, am 46 yo and sounds like I had the same exact issue. I thought I was having a heart attack and went to the ER. I am so afraid, this is awful. I can’t function and go to work like this. Any advice or input is grately appreciated.

• Posted

Hiya dawn, im. In the same sitution, im 51,and bin on depo for years without periods so how can i no when om. Going through perimenapauce symptoms, nice to get advice from. Other women in same sitution, many thanks joanna

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.